Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA-FAA FCL treaty indefinitely postponed (or maybe not)

Various recent posts on EuroGA e.g. here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I also await documentary confirmation of Flight Safety’s statement to me.

The directive was, according to FS issued around 10 days ago: if in doubt, call feel free to call FS at Farnborough.

It wouldn’t address the issue of EASA and FAA treating “sub-TR” aeroplanes differently. As an example, say I have an EASA PPL with SEP class rating. 61.75 based on that would allow me to fly N-reg turboprop singles (like TBMs) provided I meet FAA requirements (HPA, high altitude endorsement, etc.).

Isn’t EASA considering treating the PC12, TBM, Meridian and Caravan as sub TR?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I don’t see that being N-reg is a crime

Well, actually, yes!

If the law says that for an EU resident to fly in Europe he must have an EASA licence (or IR) then to not comply is, indeed, a crime.

EGKB Biggin Hill

If the law says that for an EU resident to fly in Europe he must have an EASA licence (or IR) then to not comply is, indeed, a crime.

Where is such a law?

Isn’t EASA considering treating the PC12, TBM, Meridian and Caravan as sub TR?

That has been a bit fuzzy for a while because e.g. the TBM doesn’t need a TR but instead needs a Class Rating which for practical purposes amounts to the same thing (HPA, etc)… I think the HPA is the bigger chunk of work.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Where is such a law?

It is what we are talking about, the one that keeps getting derogated and delayed.

EGKB Biggin Hill

The posts about moving the SR22 from F to N-reg have been moved here

Administrator

Does anyone (@bookworm? ) know whether a piece of text here is genuine?

Google translation:

For many years, Europe and the US had a bilateral agreement on mutual recognition of private pilot and instrument flight ratings in the drawer. The agreement has now finally been signed and is expected to enter into force in 2020. A big advantage: A freshly acquired PPL, instrument or multi engine rating can be immediately converted into an EASA license. Collecting flight hours after receiving a license will no longer apply. So far, global simplifications have always stimulated business as soon as the time is right.

The claim is pretty specific, and is absolute dynamite if it is correct.

Administrator

That would really be a game changer! Wonder where they get that info from.

I have emailed the contact listed in the PDF below

Pilot_Licensing_Summary1_pdf

to verify this report.

It is “rather interesting” that nobody else here knows anything about it

Administrator
Sign in to add your message