Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA Journey Log requirements

It is my understanding that the French may ask for it during a ramp-check, and having a journey log in such a case makes life easier although it is not required for N reg.

LFPT, LFPN

Any views on what format this journey log might be expected in?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

German authorities want paper (bound paper).

BTW, “P1” is UK CAA speak, but does not exist in EASA nomenclature.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

OK, paper is understood (I am not going to keep an Ipad etc charged up for this purpose) but what format should the data be in? What are they looking for, and how far back in time?

Administrator

Once again: as of now, no german official will insist on the Bordbuch for any aircraft which – due to and as per its foreign registration – does not require such.

As to the future, nobody knows.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I never carry aircraft logbooks, they stay with the maintenance company. I do keep a single-page log on board which I complete after each sector. When the page is full, or maintenance is carried out, I transfer the details to the aircraft logs.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

The one I have been using is this one from Pooleys which amazingly still exists.

However it is quite big, and will break up if carried in the aircraft for a few years.

Can anyone suggest a smaller one which looks like it might meet the potential requirements? I wonder what sort of entries a policeman might be looking for… presumably just flight details. No maintenance information because stuff like releases to service are often logbook inserts which one is not going to be attaching to a journey log.

I never carry pilot or maintenance logbooks either.

Administrator

Does anyone have first hand experience of this being asked for on an N-reg?

EGTK Oxford

Just found this

“Purpose of flight” – ?

This is also peripherally interesting because it mentions – as an alternative to the journey log – the GENDEC – a document which seems to have died out in Europe except Greece where they love it, and every airport likes to see the GENDEC written out and stamped by the previous one. I still don’t understand the real purpose.

Previous discussion although I didn’t know it cannot be enforced on an N-reg!

Also that was a year ago. It would be EASA regs which will matter now.

Administrator

I know it is an ICAO requirement but I have never been asked for it

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message