Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

(Eastern) South Africa 1 day rental

Hi all,

In June 2018 we are going on a honeymoon to Mauritius and (eastern) South Africa. We would love to do a single day +-2h aircraft rental somewhere around Nelspruit / Kruger with local safety pilot/instructor on board. I don’t seem to find any appropriate facilities on the internet.

Any recommendations, experiences or advices?

Thanks

EBKT, Belgium

There is no training/rental at Kruger FAKN, but you could contact Lowveld Aero Club at Nelspruit “civil” FANS, and they should be able to help.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

Thanks you, that was my back-up plan!

My second back-up plan was looking for options around Johannesburg, Durban or somewhere in the triangle between Kruger-JHB-Durban. Any recommendations here?

EBKT, Belgium

You will find plenty of clubs and ATOs at the smaller field around Johannesburg and Pretoria. I did my license validation at Springs (FASI) and spent some time around Kitty Hawk (FAKT). Petit (FARA) and Brakpan (FABB) should be fairly active too.

ESMK, Sweden

In that case, check out Durban Virginia FAVG. Proper GA airport, great place to fly from, stunning views along the Durban coastline, nice old aero club bar…

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

Have flown both at Lowveld Aero Club in Nelpruit and at Durban Virginia airport some years ago.

Easy going places, pleasant memories.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Been in contact with Lowveld Aero Club and they are happy to help me. Further details will be discussed closer to date (06/2018), looking forward :-)

EBKT, Belgium
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message