Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EBOS - Oostende

Carl,
For 2 pob it’s around 40 euro plus about 15 euro for each additional passenger.

You can get the bus which stops outside the terminal into town every 10 mins on weekdays, every 20 mins weekends, if I remember correctly.

A Day ticket which works on both the tram and the bus is 6 euro, the tram will take you almost anywhere on the Belgian coast.

Very GA friendly airfield.

We had a great visit.

Security check in a hut just off the apron, mini bus to arrivals, immigration, then out into an international airport concourse. Number 6 bus into town, and a nice walk on the waterfront and a decent meal. All people we talked to were very friendly and helpful. Lots of joking around :)

On return, through the normal PAX security and present an ID card we were given on arrival. Immigration came along, then back to the minibus via the navigation office for payment.

They were very pleased to see an RV and talked about the new rules on homebuilts opening up lots of new types at the airport.

Fees exactly 40 euros.

EGKL, United Kingdom

Morning,

Thinking of a late evening flight to Oostende Tuesday evening, so landing at about 1830/1900z. Other than a GENDEC, I am fully vaccinated (x3) so no bother with that it seems.

Do I contact NSAC before the flight? Do they pick you up from the aircraft and take you to the customs. I presume for 1150kg handling is not required?

Any feedback greatly appreciated, such as recommendation of hotels with Free-WiFi and a decent breakfast please.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

No need to pre-arrange handling. And you can easily walk from the apron to the office.

EBST, Belgium

airways wrote:

No need to pre-arrange handling. And you can easily walk from the apron to the office.

Apron 3 right? Sounds like a good little place to go. Customs is there too?

EGSG, United Kingdom

EBOS is very easy, though I haven’t arranged customs. It’s the closest to a US-style FBO I’ve seen in Europe.

EHRD, Netherlands

Customs is there too?

I never needed them, but I guess so. Give them a call to be sure.

EBST, Belgium

dutch_flyer wrote:

EBOS is very easy, though I haven’t arranged customs. It’s the closest to a US-style FBO I’ve seen in Europe.

airways wrote:

I never needed them, but I guess so. Give them a call to be sure.

It does look really straightforward, being a H24 airport. It does say that Customs and immigration are H24, but I’d rather ring them to be sure? I’ve got a British Passport so would need the stamp in and out of Belgium/EU.

Where do I find the numbers? I can’t remember how I got Kotrijk, as I visited there in January.

EGSG, United Kingdom

I’d check with NSAC

EBST, Belgium

pilotrobbie wrote:

I’ve got a British Passport so would need the stamp in and out of Belgium/EU.

@pilotrobbie, reportedly, they don’t always stamp your passport – even for passengers on a public transport.

EGTR
Sign in to add your message