Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EIR/CBIR - France

Congratulations from my side as well! Well done and thank you for posting your insight, also on the previous post reg. the theory etc.

Aviathor wrote:

You should be a good inspiration for other aspiring IR candidates like @Nestor .

You bet!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Thanks @LFHNflightstudent (LFHNcertifiedIRpilot?) for sharing your experience, especially with Mermoz. I just did the 1.5 day classroom session 2 weeks ago. Your post is very useful.
Thanks also to @Aviathor for your encouragement:-).

Last Edited by Nestor at 27 Jun 04:05
LFLY, France

Thank your feedback.

Thank you for this post. I am in formation EIR/CBIR with Mermoz. I passed 3 times module 062 and 3 failure!
the 3 times, I noted that the questions had nothing to do with the contents Mermoz. It is inadmissible to propose a program which does not correspond to the examination.
I am very disappointed.

I seek a solution to be able to work the questions which will be proposed has the examination. ……
If I do no success, I will not go until the end of the formation

Aviation exam !!

For books, I found padpilot’s ones great, but they are only available on apple books

I noted that the questions had nothing to do with the contents

Do you mean the actual exam questions were not in the computer question bank?

That is the case for all question banks to some degree, and is getting more so because the national CAAs are putting in new questions because everybody is using the computer question banks, and the JAA ATPL QB has been public for many years.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

yes it is what I say…. only for EIR/CBIR 062

Lolo wrote:

yes it is what I say…. only for EIR/CBIR 062

(For those who don’t know 062 is radio navigation)
What type of questions weren’t? I did mine in Feb 2015 and got 100 just by studying the padpilot book and doing aviation exam. I think often the banks of the training facilities are not as good as the “question bank companies”, which is logical. My Theoretical Knowledge (TK) provider had a question bank that was an absolute joke, not at all representative of the exams (or useful in any kind of learning), so I would generally tend to go for the ones that are acclaimed as reliable (I tried 2 and preferred Aviation Exam)

I just did Radio Nav, and prepared with Aviation Exam, but it was definitely not a 1:1 match with the Aviation Exam questionbank. From an other student I understood that they add questions regularly.

EHTE, Netherlands

Can I ask – do the CBIR exams have a “shelf life” or are they valid indefinitely? In other words, does one have to pass the flight test within xx months of passing the writtens? (CPL exams are valid 36 months, for example).

My plan would be CATS Aviation for the distance study, and then sit the exams in English in France (where I’m based). That worked very well for the CPL exams (with the added secondary benefit of being cheaper).

Bordeaux

A good Q since the 7 JAA IR exams had a 36m life too. I know of several who had to redo theirs. Zero tolerance by UK CAA on this.

Bear in mind that the UK LAA (G-reg) IFR won’t be much use outside the UK… They are also likely to have a multi year approval backlog, due to almost no staff qualified to do it…. According to a contact I have.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message