Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Empirical calculation of Mass & Balance (G-BAKH crash)

It would seem not ! But trials ebb and flow with good legal points being made by both sides but at the end of the day no matter how good your lawyer and how bad the prosecution lawyer facts like being 400 Lb over MTOW Will shine through.

It will be interesting to see how long they bang him up for.

Perhaps not the optimal time for Wingly to do an IPO

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If anyone wishes to adapt my Excel spreadsheet, please feel free.

Peter wrote:

A google on the pilot’s surname is quite productive;

Well, the surprise to me was that he shared a rap sheet with:

On 2 June 2013, police officers at Gloucestershire Airport observed a light aircraft land. Kevin Crellin told the police that he was the pilot and said that he had a licence but did not have it with him. Kevin Crellin had surrendered his licence to the CAA in January 1995.

I didn’t realise that Kevin Crellin could actually fly an aeroplane. I thought that that was part of his fantasy and that he never got beyond modelling.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Peter wrote:

Perhaps not the optimal time for Wingly to do an IPO

Are they?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I was being funny

It’s funny how the same names go round and round in GA. They either crash and kill themselves, or their plane catches fire, or they kill some passenger(s), etc. The “Murgatroyd” name appeared in one report involving a crash in a rented plane where the engine had not been serviced in years if not decades (apart from topping off the oil – like a £25 Renault a friend of mine owned). I have no idea if it is the same guy; maybe he has a huge family and all work in GA?

Kevin Crellin phoned me up once. He sounded very credible, as “David Henderson”. He did some bad-mouthing, which I don’t buy into, not least because GA is full of people who do that (with me as the EuroGA mod as the target, quite often, especially around a couple of particular countries).

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I was being funny

You never know…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Administrator
EHTE, Netherlands

The pilot is already in prison for 3.5 years (which is a lot less in reality, depending on behaviour AIUI) and got a concurrent sentence which is shorter, so it won’t make any difference to him.

In October 2011, another aircraft operated and insured by Murgatroyd was hired to a pilot, and it crashed in Switzerland killing both occupants.
In February 2007, another aircraft operated by Murgatroyd crashed into the sea at Blackpool, killing the two occupants.

I remember reading at least one of the above reports. I can’t find them right now but there were some really interesting bits in them. The name Murgatroyd came up in some comments at the time, though obviously not in the reports.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message