Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

End 2019 meet-up at Le Touquet (LFAT) on Sunday 29th Dec

Can’t make tomorrow because of work (!!).
Any thoughts yet about dates/venue for 2020?

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

What time are people arriving? It would be a push getting there much before 12Z

Last Edited by Mark_B at 28 Dec 22:31
EGCJ, United Kingdom

10:45 UTC is the aim; see above posts.

I plan to depart back 1500 UTC, so there is a bit of time.

For 2020, we still have the Spanish meet-up (postponed from Nov 2019 due to wx), La Rochelle meet-up (didn’t quite happen), and the May 2020 meet-up. All these have telegram groups and I suggest anyone interested joins them (join links in the threads).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Small suggestion: Is it possible to anchor the telegram joining link at the beginning of each trip thread? Some of the trip threads are quite long and the telegram joining link is somewhere in the middle of the thread so finding it needs a fair bit of paging/searching.

LSZK, Switzerland

Sure; I normally back-edit the telegram link into the first post of each fly-in thread.

Today’s meet-up was great For the first time for me, we rented the bikes (great value at €10 for the day, with volume discount) and did a long scenic circuit around the place.

A few pics:

A really strong inversion. +5C on SFC and +15C at 5000ft! EGKA cloudbase 900ft, tops 1500ft.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes it was a great meet-up, we enjoyed the trip with the bicycles as well as the seafood and to talk to nice people. In the morning we departed with fog and a visibility of around 500 meters but entered the sun 45 seconds after departure. The flight back gave us nearly 2 hours of sunset flight as we were heading south-west back to Quimper.

EDDS , Germany

Nice to meet-up on the last flight of 2019, short day but worth it also (joke*) I never thought one can fit a Piper inside a Beech

As always eat first & take pictures

TB20 on your six

Pilot joke*: Piper is a dog (she)

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Dec 20:41
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message