Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Euro reg to N reg transfer / FAA DAR discussion

The DAR is only really part of the cost. There is one not so far away…. that I wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole.

It’s getting the 406Mhz ELT, painting the reg off, gathering up documents, filling in 337’s for mods, getting burn certs for interiors etc etc that all add up. Just a point to bear in mind that unless there is some proof of VAT payment in the docs, you may be relying on the 1/1/1985 & 1/1/1993 rules to prove the same aircraft is VAT paid in Europe. Same serial number airplane I know but, it’s worth bearing in mind when you’re going that road.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

filling in 337’s for mods

That was a big thing when I went N-reg (the DAR would not accept a number of mods which Air Touring did) but isn’t there a treaty now for mutual acceptance of mods? It may however still require a 337 to be filed but the supporting data (there is no such thing as a 337 without supporting data) may just be a reference to the treaty.

Late-November when he was half way through doing my plane…..

Gosh… what happened?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

JasonC wrote:

Patrick Healy is the only relatively accessible one still available.

Wonder why he lists a Munich address and a phone number in Fulda, Hesse…

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 26 Feb 08:31
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Peter wrote:

Gosh… what happened?

Somehow lost his ability to issue CofAs after doing all the work but before issuance. Was very strange and meant a different DAR had to repeat all the work which added a big delay and some cost. On a maintenance tracked jet it isn’t as bad as it could have been on an old piston. Could have been a disaster if the new DAR had a problem with something the old one didn’t…

EGTK Oxford

Hmmm… how very interesting. I know of another FAA “representative” who got temporarily banned by the FAA (for reasons unknown) but carried on and a number of people ended up with paperwork which they discovered, sometimes months or years later, was invalid (one was a friend of mine). I am not going to write any more about it and speculation here will just get us threatened with legal action, but “UK GA old timers” will know who it was.

I do know of an A&P/IA who got his IA suspended (more than once) and later finally got banned as an A&P also. I do know the reasons in that case; I knew him well. He had retained his EASA66 and carries on working as such.

Administrator

Rather than a new thread I’ll recycle this one. I need a DAR to put our Cessna U206F onto the N reg in Sept. The choices in Europe;

Charles W Smith – Interested to hear if anyone has used him…
Lloyd Nelson – Not doing it anymore
Patrick Healy – Not doing GA
Billy George Johnson – Interested to hear if anyone has used him…
Tommy Malone – Wanted 7.5k to do my Twin Com
Colum Carr –

If anyone has used the guys above, you might let us know. By PM if you wish. I don’t know if there is a restriction on a DAR coming from the States to do my aircraft. I used to use a guy from the states who was brilliant, but lost his ticket. Any recommendations from there too would be good.

William

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

PM sent !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Does anyone have an up to date US DAR listing?

The one on the FAA website, posted in this thread, is dead. My local copy from 2013 is here and one of the guys on it is dead and another has been banned.

EDIT: it appears to be here

Administrator
88 Posts
Sign in to add your message