Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Fly-In 2013?

If we were to fly to Brac, or Mali Losinj, I could help organizing it.

1 or 2 places with edble food only in Friedrichshafen? ;-) Are you a huge fan of German cooking? :-)

Yes Peter, but the exotic destinations you mention are only for the rich among us. I can neither afford planes like yours, nor close on a month off work which my current plane would need to be reasonably sure of making the whole trip.

And sorry Jason for again playing the underdog, but I do feel driven to it.

Again, again and again: the best place to meet is not the one with most positive appreciations, but rather the one with the least negatives.

PS as for food quality, Schwäbisch Hall is again recommended: if you don't like the Italian cuisine on the EDTX North side, you're disqualified from voting.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Hey Jan, Mali Losinj is in the Northern Adriatic Sea, not in the South Pacific ;-)

I agree that the venue should be accessible to the max number of people. And if it is beyond someone's reach, what about someone volunteering to pick him up?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Yes yes, I did learn geography... learned of some interesting features of landscape, too, Alps, and such...

Add some gentle countries that do not allow foreign microlights at all (Switzerland!) , or would impose a solid investment in electronics (Austria requiring a 406 MHz ELT, for instance), without any guarantee it won't be obsolete in a couple of years... Then count in 4 hours endurance with no reserves, and an IAS of 80 knots, and begin planning that trip. First day into Eastern Germany or perhaps Czechia, second day Hungary, third day Slovenia...

Remember requirements for strict daylight and very good visibility, and max crosswind for landing/take-off of perhaps 10 or 15 knots (though I recently learned I am in good Mooney company, there) so I would count on one flying day in every two or three.

Now how many days need I reserve? But "close on a month" is perhaps a very large estimation, I must admit.

To top it all there are rumours that, since Croatia joined EU, their old microlight rules are no more valid and no new ones have yet been implemented, legally closing the country to my kind of craft.

Nobody promised life would be easy, I know, neither am I complaining. But to meet as many people as possible, a more central location offers more chances of success.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Okay, okay :-) So what are the options?

Okay, okay :-) So what are the options?

Le touquet

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

That is good food

What about Teuge (EHTE). We have an office there is this building right at the airport: http://www.skydeck.nl

Watch the video to see the Skydeck launch where we can get together no problem.

There is also a great hotel right at the airport with a good review and great prices:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/de-slaapfabriek.en-gb.html?sid=7b15494b207d4bb69cbf070ac9d024e9;dcid=1

Activities we could offer is a BBQ with a real Boston Butt (search for Boston Butt BBQ on Google), live music or lounge music in the lounge bar in the evening with view of the runway. There are lots of activities we could do right on the airfield apart from good socializing and the lounge bar with runway view I can offer for free use.

EDLE, Netherlands

Mali Losinj...

For the pilots

For the non-flying partners

For everybody (except vegetarians)

No contest...

I am sure Jan will find a spare seat with somebody.

Is this "soon" or next year?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message