Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Fly-In 2013?

Hey, if you are talking mediterranean, 'my' place is not bad too. Mallorca has a lot to offer! Menorca too.. A gem called LESL, 2km runway with nothing more than a restaurant. Runway refurbished by Ferrari a few years ago to do some secretive testing of cars..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

What about Teuge (EHTE). We have an office there in this building right at the airport: http://www.skydeck.nl

I'd be OK with the above on cost grounds from the north of England (EGCF) and the 'on field' entertainment appeals - don't like too much walking and taxing (MT) around the place.

The Med - Mallorca LESB Son Bonet has been on my 'shoping list', but it's a long VFR haul (fuel stop) with some mountains in the way!!! and the cost (private hire @ £150/hr) goes way up.

Dijon - mid East France? - top food at a price. Don't know what the GA bit is like.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

I can recommend Dijon for its excellent GA support and cheap Avgas but wouldn't be opposed to Teuge. On the other hand Peter's pictures from Mali Losinj made me check holidaylettings.. Wow..

EDLN and EDKB

May be taking friends here for the 2014 24Hr June 14-15

A pre run wouldn't come amiss.

Town looks OK and typically French!!!!

Teuge, Schwäbisch Hall, Colmar! All three nearly in the middel of europe! Don't make the same mistake with a "end of the corner" destination like la rochell! Sure a nice place but tooooo far from a lot of points for a social come together!

EDAZ

Search this article for Le Mans

Re Majorca/Mallorca, Son Bonet has avgas and no customs, and Palma has customs and no avgas Not an issue if one has to do a Schengen stop anyway, of course.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Search this article for Le Mans

Did you get the correct 'link' there?

I got a very very detailed article on 'Honeywell KFC225 Autopilot Failures'.

Did a quick scan, but could not see reference to 'Le Mans'.

Yes; if you search it for Le Mans you find the approximate location of the surface to air missile installation whose operators are burning out my autopilot servos for a laugh, probably while working through the bottle of wine each

Actually I have no idea what is down there that is doing it. The French military (asked by Socata) denied there was something there, but clearly there is.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Crazy idea... but how about Malta? It's unlikely I'll be able to join, as I still have few more hours to complete my PPL! but I took a flight there about 6 months ago and it's very pretty scenery. I believe airport has both customs/avgas and landing fees aren't too bad. Found this video online. This is not me... Hey I'm only trying to promote my birth country! :)

... but how about Malta?

+1 :-) The good thing about Malta would be that it also can be reached by reasonably priced scheduled flights from almost everywhere and that it is an all-year destination.

EDDS - Stuttgart
Sign in to add your message