Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Fly-In 2013?

I think if LOSING ISLAND is too far some of us, then we shouldn't discuss Malta ;-)

I agree that it has to be reachable for most of us.

Another good location is LETNANY, near Prague. Long grass strip, interesting aviation museum, a line up of all MiG 21 models ever built right next to the tower, a pretty good hotel with a pilot discount near the field - and a subway station close to get into the city.

Or PORTOROZ in Slovenia, a little clsoer than Losinj and a really good GA airport.

OR: EDAZ, Schoenhagen. Maybe Germany's best GA field. Good hotel ON the airport (owned buy airport) and not too far from the Expresstrain to Berlin, where the Verkehrsmuseum (Traffic Musuem) has a VERY GOOD AVIATION DEPARTMENT

The hotel has very nice meeting rooms and good infrastructure, we could even have some presentations or training ...

(Traffic Musuem) has a VERY GOOD AVIATION DEPARTMENT

Think of the "partner programme"

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

well, in Berlin that shouldn't really be such a problem ;-)

@Alexisvc: You surely are keeping pressure on the gauge, thanks for that!

Schönhagen EDAZ looks like nice, but from their website I learn they have not yet approval for their ILS approach, and that is a requirement. On-site hotel and a good museum within reach are two strong pro's, for me.

Letnany would be ok, though I heard it is not self-evident to get an English speaker on the radio, and there were warnings about potholes in the grass-only runway. The museum certainly is worth its while. And, for as little as I know, an ILS approach could be made into the nearby military field, cancelling IFR at the appropriate moment. I would certainly vote "green" for it.

Portoroz airfield is a nice place indeed, but not really nearer than any other field in Slovenia or beyond south-eastwise, practically speaking.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan, ILS is a requirement for a Fly-in? :-))

EDAZ has not even applied for ILS, but they are working on a GPS approach.

ILS is a requirement for a Fly-in? :-))

For at least one participant, yes, or so I seem to have read...

EDAZ has not even applied for ILS

Hm. hmhmhmhm. How then to read following, from their own website?

Instrumentenanflug: Am 15.Juni 2012 wurde dem Flugplatz Schönhagen die Genehmigung für den Instrumentenflugbetrieb erteilt. Leider kann er trotzdem noch nicht geflogen werden. Zur Herstellung der Hindernisfreiheit müssen im An- und Abflugbereich Abholzungen vorgenommen werden. Gegen die dafür bereits vorliegende naturschutzrechtliche Genehmigung hat der NABU Klage eingereicht. Einen Verhandlungstermin gibt es derzeit noch nicht.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

"Instrumentenanflug" does not mean ILS, it's the German word for "IFR Approach"

May I suggest Strasbourg? The city is really beautiful, food is good, you can bring delicious white wine back, there is one airport (Entzheim) and one airfield (Neuhof). It is located at the german-french border, so it is not far from England, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Germany... Girlfriends would find a lot to do in the city. Colmar could be an alternate, the city is very pretty, but smaller than Stasbourg. In Alsace, avoid by all means Mulhouse, a really ugly town.

Lots to do and see around if you have a little time and a car.

SE France

Well, but even that is not operational, neither is the GPS approach, so I am not holding my breath for a concensus.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
Sign in to add your message