Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Fly-In 2013?

As I said, Colmar is a very nice city. Compared with Strasbourg, you won't find as many refined shops downtown and of course you won't see the incredible cathedral of Strasbourg. The airport is indeed very well equipped, not far from the city.

Strasbourg is really worth a trip and you could spend 2 days there just visiting the city (and even more). Colmar might prove a little more convenient though, the airport being close to the city. In Strasbourg there is also an airfield 3 km from the cathedral (Neuhof LFGC) but the runway is a grass one. The closest hard runway is Entzheim, the intl airport, 15 km from downtown.

I'd say if you plan to stay 2 days, Strasbourg will offer more (meaning plenty). If it's a single day meeting, Colmar will be perfect.

SE France

Colmar sounds interesting!

May I suggest Strasbourg?

and Colmar

Know nothing about either ATPIT, but both just 'doable' cost wise for me.

Dijon is similar distance. Much above 450 miles (plus I've got to get back) and it becomes a cost thing.

In case it's not Pan-European, ATPIT = At This Point In Time = Now (at the moment)!!!!

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Always happy to visit Colmar - my wife and I go there most years, as the wine festival happily coincides with our wedding anniversary :)

But most of the other suggestions are appealing too.

EGBJ / Gloucestershire

I second that Dublinpilot,

How about the Jerries visit the Tommies and vice versa?

EDLN and EDKB

Is this for next year?

If so, perhaps there is reason to consider two flyins; One in the north, and one in the south?

From what I see the biggest concentration of users here seem to be the UK & Germany.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I like Colmar a lot (been there with Philipp this year!)... good airport with cheap fees and pretty cheap gas, center of city very close by taxi. ILS approach! Strasbourg is good too

Well, but even that is not operational, neither is the GPS approach, so I am not holding my breath for a concensus.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

May I suggest Strasbourg? The city is really beautiful, food is good, you can bring delicious white wine back, there is one airport (Entzheim) and one airfield (Neuhof). It is located at the german-french border, so it is not far from England, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Germany... Girlfriends would find a lot to do in the city. Colmar could be an alternate, the city is very pretty, but smaller than Stasbourg. In Alsace, avoid by all means Mulhouse, a really ugly town.

Lots to do and see around if you have a little time and a car.

SE France

"Instrumentenanflug" does not mean ILS, it's the German word for "IFR Approach"

57 Posts
Sign in to add your message