Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Me too

EBST, Belgium

Count me in also.

KHTO, LHTL

Thanks to a very kind offer from Peter, I’m in too

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I am Flying to Brać next weekend in fact, but why not again in September… This is some nice place to keep coming back.
Will try to appear in September, maybe this time I eventually manage to coordinate with flyin…
Which part as for accomodation? More towards town or Zlaty Rat hotels?

EP..

If you stay in Bol (the smaller place just below the airport) then I/we have stayed in Hotel Kastil a number of times. Very nice.

The other hotels along the beach there I can’t speak for. Some look rather “low end tourism”.

OTOH Supetar (the bigger place across the island) has a lot more to do. This is just a snapshot from booking.com

but last time we booked an apartment privately, via the tourist office (which is another good method if you have not booked). I think AirB&B is well represented there. With AirB&B one needs to be a little more careful (because everybody puts their broom cupboard on AirB&B) but for the price of a reasonable hotel room you can get a nice big self catering apartment on AirB&B.

Supertar is also way better for day boat trips to e.g. Split or (via Split) to Hvar (Stari Grad below) which is the island next door. There is a lot more in this respect than we had on Mali Losinj in 2014.

That said, I believe one can get smaller boats (not ferries) to Hvar direct from Bol. We did that once.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So which town Peter? Bol or Supertar?
Supertar I do not know, but why not…?
Last time in Bol we stayed in Bastina Sviety Kriz. A little bit aside, not high standard, but marvelous location, with nice beach just outside the hotel. Next weekend we will try Elaphusa, bit too large as for my preference, but this time of year (and coming with kids)- this one should work better.

EP..

For the fly-in I would say definitely Supetar.

For someone staying overnight on the way to say Greece, Bol is a lot closer (just a taxi drive ~1500ft downhill).

Go here and search for Bol Brac or Hvar and I have loads of pics there.

AOPA members (pilot must have his valid id AOPA card with him so they can make a copy to attach to their copy of invoice) have 50% discount on handling, landing and parking fees. US AOPA is acceptable too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hey, that’s our DA 40 sitting next to your TB 20 !
I am interested too. I would choose Supetar as I have already stayed in Bol.
I still need to check work wise if I can confirm.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

I would love to go, but I may not be able to find a way to leave the Schengen zone from Hungary that would not cost more than the avgas to LDSB. I’m exploring my options and will let you know.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

@JnsV : Why not a short stop at Portoroz LJPZ? Low fees, friendly people and a scenic VFR route down to LDSB.

Myself, I would very much like to join you in LDSB. Will know my availability closer to the date.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria
Sign in to add your message