Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Brac might very well work for me.

Tököl LHTL

As I mentioned above, Brac gives you a 50% discount if you have an AOPA card. Brac is not a €10 airport but the cost (a group discount is being worked on) should be trivial on the scale of costs of flying or eating nice fish

Their avgas is the same price as all over Croatia – it’s the same fuel company. Sadly the days of €0.50/litre avgas (Mali Losinj, c. 2008) are gone. They disappeared before Croatia joined the EU and joining the EU finished off any chances of good pricing Still, food and accommodation are way cheaper than in say France…

Personally, I will be flying out to Greece c. 7th Sept to attend a Greek wedding (!) on 10th Sept of my friend @atmilatos so will be stopping at the Brac fly-in on the way back from Greece. Funnily enough I will stop at Brac on the way to Greece, too, for 1 or 2 nights. Justine should be at the fly-in too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

the days of €0.50/litre avgas (Mali Losinj, c. 2008) are gone

Check your records. It’s been about 1.30€ in Croatia in 2008.

Today, it’s about 2.00€. The high was in summer 2012 when it was 2.40.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

blueline wrote:

Why not a short stop at Portoroz LJPZ? Low fees, friendly people and a scenic VFR route down to LDSB.

I will look into that option. Still a major detour, but at least to a scenic place.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Their avgas is the same price as all over Croatia – it’s the same fuel company. Sadly the days of €0.50/litre avgas (Mali Losinj, c. 2008) are gone.

Regarding cheap fuel, still nothing beats LYBE Belgrade. Latest reports of 0,89 Euros per Litre (see here) nearly sound too good to be true, but they have offered the cheapest AVGAS in Central Europe for years.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Yes. I’m planning a stop there next week and will report…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

JnsV is it possible to have the Customs and Imm people do more than 1 plane for the call out lets say to LHTL?

What about Sarmellek LHSM?

If the AVgas pricing is cheap enough and the landing fees reasonable it might be worth just flying into LJPZ for gas. Right now the AVgas price at LHTL has been 2.32 Euros/Lt 8.85 Euros/Gal or $10.26or there abouts not factoring in the finagling the govts do to line their pockets with the exchange rate differentials between currencies.

Anyone been to LJPZ recently to give a PIREP?

KHTO, LHTL

I think LYBE is selling it duty and VAT free, which is what LDLO presumably did to me at the time.

LJPZ report in here but I would be amazed if it was worth stopping somewhere just for cheaper fuel, by the time you add it all up…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

blueline wrote:

Regarding cheap fuel, still nothing beats LYBE Belgrade. Latest reports of 0,89 Euros per Litre (see here) nearly sound too good to be true, but they have offered the cheapest AVGAS in Central Europe for years.

The trouble is that unless you have customs and Imm. on your own field it really dosent make sense at least for flying from Hungary to land there. It costs 100Euro each way to call out C&I.

KHTO, LHTL

As LHSM Sarmellek has been mentioned – don’t know about recent AVGAS prices there, but otherwise a really great “international” airport with hardly any scheduled traffic and therefore minimal hassle for GA.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria
Sign in to add your message