Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA La Rochelle Fly-In - May 2013

How is the wx forecast panning out?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

wsmempson, thanks for the offer. Let me see how logistics around moving the aircraft for the pre-buys go.

EGTK Oxford

I prefer Sky-map because of the weather features and I prefer the charts. I do also use skydemon.. And I have older papercharts for backup.

Hope to meet some of you there this weekend....

Bordeaux

For a quick and dirty look ahead, using the MSLP chart, Friday looks flyable from the UK, but not really from say Germany.

There are ways to look a bit further ahead but it is really too far ahead for it to be reliable.

One could work it more flexibly. Let's say for example we have a situation of IFR weather between LR and central Europe, and that those who have told me they are coming from central Europe are all able and happy to go IFR, and are happy with the picture, then we could still go ahead.

Short of a massive high pressure hanging all over Europe (summer of 2003, anybody?) like the one which might be hanging to the west of Spain, we are not going to get CAVOK conditions for everybody for every route.

So far, very few people have stated they will be coming...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not looking very good at the moment I fear

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

The Saturday MSLP shows an improvement. The troughs are usually translated into the TAF as PROB30 TEMPO TSRA or similar.

And the big high pressure is pushing in from the west.

Administrator

Can we still assume that a decision will be made, say noon tomorrow, go/no go, and also an indication of numbers that would attend?

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Can we still assume that a decision will be made, say noon tomorrow, go/no go

That's my plan.

also an indication of numbers that would attend?

I have actually heard from only very few people, here and by email. Maybe 10-15. My guess is that people are hedging their bets till the last minute, especially given the weather situation.

We left it pretty open. Some other fly-ins have been rigorously organised, with a "social programme", a "partner programme", and deposits taken to pay for stuff...

Administrator

Just seen the Sat+Sun MSLPs.

It doesn't look good.

I recommend cancellation. Views?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message