Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Summer 2014 Fly-In - Corsica 5-8 September

Of course, I’d be very happy if you pick Corsica!
Actually never flown there, but the island is fantastic. September would be better than August, I think.

Have briefly met José, the guy who runs the aéroclub at Calvi

Bordeaux

Corsica has my vote as well.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Zell am See, LOWZ

Just hope nobody on drugs shoots you down in the circuit…

Avignon: not too much in favor, it’s nice and everything but I’ve been there too often already.

LSZK, Switzerland

I would totally be in for Corsica, or to a lesser extent, Avignon (which is 20min away by air, at least I could drive you guys around)

LFNR

I would definitely be game for a VFR ‘fly-in / meet up’. Given the plan being to get as many of the VFR folks as possible in (and out), should we maybe avoid places with ‘terrain’? My personal requirements would be something like 4-5 hours flying time from base. Maybe avoiding the places where we would need special permission to overfly in permit aircraft might be an idea too? Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France look like good options… Maybe we we start by getting a lost of people who would definitely try and come, their preferences and then narrow it down from there?

EGBP, United Kingdom

Maybe we we start by getting a lost of people who would definitely try and come

I would, depending on the date, and not being elsewhere, though in practical terms if I am flying alone, I am only looking at something a few hours from South East UK, which does include parts of France, Belgium and so on.

Italianjon posted the Rothenburg suggestion, and I searched it and it was in West Germany.

A simple suggestion may be to attend the Texel fly in in early September?

http://www.texelflyin.nl

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

My suggestion was for Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber in western Germany. I like the idea of Texel, never knew about that fly-in before… But will be in Monza that weekend. So would come to next year’s fly-in if Texel was the chosen destination.

EDHS, Germany

From what I can see on the www Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauer looks very nice!
Texel is on my wish list, the fly-in has a very good reputation. But as I do not have an ELT the Dutch airspace is closed to me.
And while Le Touquet and Avignon are perhaps too well-known to many, a French destination still has much to say for it. Deauville? Colmar?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Non-pilots that will accompany some of us will definitely prefer some Mediteranian location rather than Western Germany. I’m not saying Greece of Croatia but Southern France, Corsica, Sardinia or something like that would be my choice. The weather in September will be nice, sea warm and there’s always something for sightseeing.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message