Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Summer 2014 Fly-In - Corsica 5-8 September

Yes Emir, but there has already been a Mediterranean meet-up, shouldn’t we aim for some diversity? And there were some UK pilots that wanted to remain closer to their home.

Last Edited by at 02 Jun 06:44
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I’d vote for Zell am See in August, but also join the big Greek fly-in at Tatoi in September.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

We need IFR, Customs, 100LL, and a scenic location which everybody (that includes the ladies!) likes to hang out in for a few days. There are not many locations in N Europe which deliver that.

Cambridge? Without looking I’m pretty sure they have all of the above and Cambridge itself is a really nice city to visit.

Andreas IOM

Currently, I am proposing the “scenic” fly-in for 5-8 September, in Corsica (3 nights).

Any consensus on the “central” fly-in?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Unfortunately the 5-8th September is out for me, as missing the event I am already booked in for may trigger a serious case of AIDS (Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome). Hopefully I will be able to make the central one.

EGBP, United Kingdom
5-8 September works for me, maybe not all three nights but two at least.
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

from 5 to 7 september a Fly-in will be held at EHTX. Maybe a combination would be an option?

See also: http://www.texelflyin.nl/

jkv
EHEH

from 5 to 7 september a Fly-in will be held at EHTX. Maybe a combination would be an option?

I don’t see anything interesting for non-pilots but maybe I’m wrong. In addition, I tend to avoid grass runways and maybe I’m spoiled but I don’t like to fly across whole Europe without having ability of instrument approach at destination. It doesn’t necesarry have to be ILS, VOR or NDB could also do.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@jkv: but this is the exact time that Peter had suggested for Corsica, ISTR?

@Emir: Well, you are (slightly) less demanding than Peter, then … (grin) But I am told EHTX is the most enjoyable field of all the Netherlands, and indeed one of the few worth of flying into.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I don’t think that choosing a location which has something for everybody is demanding

Each summer, there is any number of fly-ins in Europe where pilots can hang out, look at planes and more planes and even more planes, drink beer and more beer, eat sausages and burgers, and talk about planes

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message