Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Europe Flying Questions

Hi all,

Each year my flying club organise a European Exped.

This year we are hoping to go to Romania.

Does anyone know much about flying in Hungary, Slovakia & Romania? I know nothing about these two countries in regard to GA flying, but silly questions like is GA accepted in these places, is it safe enough etc? I cannot see why not but I am sure we have some pilots here that have been to these places? I am not sure of the rules etc, I have emailed the Hungarian CAA but haven’t heard anything back!

Thanks in advance

Mark

Last Edited by markpodbery at 23 Apr 10:28

Welcome to this forum! I am sure you will get good answers soon. There are members based in Hungary and in Romania.

Where will you be departing from?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

In Romania GA is accepted but not very widely spread (if at all). Landing fees are very cheap and operationally it is quite safe (no other planes to run into…). VFR flights in G airspace need a flight plan as well, file minimum 30 mins before departure either with ATC or with Defense Ministry.

Read this thread, I posted there some info about Romania, if you have questions please ask.

LRSV, Romania

donĀ“t expect any issues in Slovakia. If you arrive/depart from/to Schengen countries, use any small airports, avoid expensive ones as Bratislava, Piestany, Kosice or Zilina. English is not an issue at all at Bratislava Info 124.3 /FIS/, small airfields are case by case. Been to LZPT last month, I can only recommend.

LKKU, LKTB

This contains some details about flying from Hungary to Romania:

http://www.stephan-schwab.com/2013/09/03/ALE2013-Szeged-Bucharest.html

The interesting part is the one about turning around to re-enter the Schengen zone. It was solved within a few minutes but initially we were refused entry.

In that part of Europe there is not much a difference between VFR and IFR when talking to ATC. My flight was VFR.

Frequent travels around Europe

Hi all,

This info is really handy thanks very much!

We are just in the early stages at the moment as we are going in September.

We will be departing from Kemble in the UK.

byteworks, would it be ok to send you a pm re Romania?

The main info I am after is good airfields and places to stop in Czech, Hungary, Slovakia (in case) and Romania. Just airfields that are reasonable on prices and friendly with a possibility of a night stop so b&b’s or Hotels I presume in those places!!

I will read all the info I have been sent so far link wise.

Thanks again

Mark

Of course Mark, pm me with with any question, I’ll try to help.

LRSV, Romania
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message