Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European e-AIP URL?

Can someone please post the URL for the European database of airfield data and plates?
I’ve been searching and found dozens of documents referring to it, but I can’t find index page.
Thanks

Lefty
EGLM

Bear in mind that this site is set up so that all the URLs expire at each AIRAC cycle i.e. every 28 days. It prevents bookmarking any documents. I believe it does that even if the document itself has not changed.

Some years ago I was involved in a project which was developing a PC app which would capture the whole EAD site. It worked, and produced a database of about 20GB. The purpose was to have a local cache, which didn’t need internet access (no free data roaming in Europe in those days). We had to pull various tricks like random timing, because the site runs code to block bulk downloads. In the end it was dropped because the company paid to develop it, Frequentis Ltd, held the copyright to all the documents, so it wasn’t worth the bother trying to sell a commercial app. Also they set up a complex login scheme (which was actually a sham back then; only later they implemented it properly) to make such apps problematic, and we expected them to just keep changing it to make it hard.

The “preferred” way to get this stuff is via a B2B subscription to Eurocontrol. This is how the flight planning apps do it, but it costs significant money. Then you can download in bulk.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Autorouter takes it from the EAD, Most AIP data charts etc..used by commercial companies comes from the EAD through B2B its just not always transparent. @ Peter ýour statement of the copyright is not correct the copyright goes to each ANSP there are 48 States signed an agreement with eurocontrol.

https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/cms-eadbasic/opencms/en/ead-operations/data-maintenance/responsibility/

EAD basic is not intended for operational use! Without the EAD the access for GA with regard to Aeronautical Information would be problematic and much more costly!

See statement on the bottom pls for EAD Basic;
https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/cms-eadbasic/opencms/en/login/ead-basic/

There is a good reason for this not to be used…!

Why would you collect separate sites everything has been centralized and harmonised in one access point for Europe?

To my knowledge autorouter is the most cost efficient way to get the AIP´s out of the EAD, I use it al the time it works very well. If you have a SD subscription it works also directly from the EAD.
Yes the HMI interface to get it your self from the EAD is outdated, however why would you do it? To get AIP OPS data you need an EAD Pro access!

https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/cms-eadbasic/opencms/en/ead-operations/data-maintenance/pams/

Last Edited by Vref at 18 Mar 09:29
EBST

Eurocontrol AIS by State
which links to the natinal AIS which offers AIP which offers Aerodrome data and plates

Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

Thats indeed how it was before the EAD and still an alternative if you fly locally. All charts are available through the EAD except for some countries who have there own VFR AIP not stored in EAD yet. VFR is not harmonised in Europe and still has a long way to go. If you go the autorouter AIP browser select the country then AIP charts you have them all even some provide the VFR manuals.

EBST

I echo Vref. Just use Autorouter. Has worked excellent for me.

ESOW, Sweden

Peter wrote:

Some years ago I was involved in a project which was developing a PC app which would capture the whole EAD site. I

I’ve written a Groovy script (which uses Apache HTTP Components) which worked perfectly fine. However, I’m not completely sure this was legal. Anyway, with autorouter’s WebDAV server it’s obsolete.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

By far the easiest way that I’ve found to get the AIPs is via Autorouter, either using the on-line browser or using folder sync from an app to the Autorouter webdav server. Instructions to do this are here.

LSZK, Switzerland
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message