Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European Skills test and licence application fees?

Doing the the ATPL theory in the Netherlands will cost you about 5911 EUR.
The theoretical knowledge course is 3895 EUR and 14 exams x 144 EUR = 2016 EUR.

I did the IR course + exams last year. I was thinking about doing it abroad, but skipped the idea as it gives a lot of hassle (trip / hotel / probably issues with the CAA).

I can make a similar summary for the PPL if that is of interest.

That would be helpful. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, been really interesting!

Bournemouth, Thruxton

Here’s the fee structure in Sweden for PPL.

PPL theoretical knowledge examination fee SEK 5 130
Initial license issue fee SEK 710
PPL Skill Test fee SEK 5 140

In total the PPL fees are SEK 10 980, approximately EUR 1 219 or GBP 1 022

Then there is also a yearly fee to keep the license. This fee is 640 SEK (71 EUR, 60 GBP)

ESTL

Then there is also a yearly fee to keep the license. This fee is 640 SEK (71 EUR, 60 GBP)

What is the purpose of that? Once an EASA licence is issued it remains valid for life surely?

Bournemouth, Thruxton

I think they say something like “administrative fee” and claiming that they have costs associated with the license that they need to recover.

I find it quite upsetting that the fees the Swedish CAA collect for issuing a PPL can actually be about 10% of the total cost for obtaining the license. That is if you train at a non-commerical school, such as at a flying club.

But the fee-percentage of the total cost for obtaining a PPL is actually even higher if you factor in the fees for the aircraft and for having the RF/(ATO).

ESTL
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message