Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

F Reg in the UK, MIP?

Hi all,
new here and just bought an F reg PA28, and wondering how to proceed with regard to maintenance. The chap who sold it said to continue on an MIP but you need to be able to deal with DGAC. I have a contact in Belgium who said to keep it on CAMO would cost a lot of euros per year. Or another engineer advised to put it on the G reg etc. The engine is just under 2000 hrs and she has mode s. Annual was just completed in France with bills to prove etc in November but the ARC expires in May, it was fresh with the previous owner, but the extensions are not possible, I have been told, as it is now in new hands? What would the wisend hands here recommend?
I was thinking along the lines of a French person helping with the MIP for a fee smaller than the CAMO, how does that sound? I am open to all suggestions at this point.
Best Cherokee.

When I bought a plane with F-reg, the CAMO did transfer the ARC in full, i.e.
(1) the previous owner had done the first a year ago,
(2) we jointly brought the plane to the second inspection,
(3) the transfer was initiated there and then with the help of the staff there
(4) the the third inspection for the third one year period was already in my name.

Engine and prop were within the TBO limits, that might be the key difference here.

I found the DGAC very efficient to deal with, but did transfer CAMO and thus no real new arrangement.
Did you ask the current CAMO for help ?

EDM_, Germany

I am not sure of the exact number, but there is a minimum percentage of engine hours below TBO for the aircraft to be permitted to move from N to G.

I am not sure whether the same limitations apply F to G and exactly what the age is, but it is in the range 10-20.

EGKB Biggin Hill

is it not possible to do with any Part145 your maintanance?
I am not sure about ARC
but also cnsider costs of new markings for reg on plane with paint or stickers?

I have only compare with G reg and D reg

G reg very pragmatic but prop has to be done on time limits

i am now on D reg and I must say if you have a “nice” Part145 that will do you a IHP (individual maint. Program) you can have lots of items for a loooooooong time
I got for example oil and fuel hoses “on condition” also a fair bit of work can be done by registered Pilot.

also engine and prop is “oncondition”

If it is a ELA1 aircraft the owner can apply for the IHP direct without a Part145 (this is should also happen for ELA2 but did not hear so far about it rumour was autum 2017

(this would be also a good new Thread)

sorry if this is not to the exact Title F Reg in the UK, MIP? but may help

fly2000

Your IHP sounds similar to the MIP which in turn sounds like a UK self declared maintenance programme? I am hoping to find someone who speaks French who can deal with the DGAC for maybe some hours flying and/or payment? Weather permitting I will fly to a maintenance org who seem to know the ropes next Thursday. The plane is based just south of Newcastle for reference. The plane doesn’t have a L/V light so that would need to be fitted and indeed the reg markings would need doing, so I am guessing putting it on the G reg would be more than the £68 CAA fee?

The local Flying School at Inverness bought a good Pa38 from Germany a few years ago, and it was still D registered when a PPL renter wrecked it landing at Dornoch. F, like D and G, is an EASA registration.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message