Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Füssen (Germany)?

Hello,

Need any idea, where to land tomorrow to visit Fussen. There’s one airfield, but in remarks on SkyDemon they have “Gliders & ULM only”. So, perhaps, that’s not an option for C172.. And no way to contact them (all phone lines are unresposible).

So, please, need any advise…

Last Edited by pshz at 03 Jun 17:34
EVCA

Yep. Lots of glider airfields in Germany, but only gliders are allowed there. No exceptions unless a long paperwork process is completed.

No airfield for SEP in the immediate vicinity of Füssen. You have basically two choices: either Kempten or Reutte (the latter one is in Austria).

Both a very beautiful airfields, but slightly demanding.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Jun 17:40
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

If you land in Kempten (very much recommended), make sure you are familiar with hot & high operations in a C172. I’ve been there many times in a C172 but you wouldn’t take off full rich when it’s warm there.

I’ve finally landed in Reutte. Very nice airfield with smooth grass strip.

Tomorrow I plan my flight northbound to EDNG. Do I need to file flight plan (from Austria to Germany) taking in account fact that I’m going to cross class E airspaces?

EVCA

No, flight plans between Austria and Germany are only required when you land at a controlled aerodrome in Austria. You can just take off, you do not have to call FIS.

Boscomantico,

Lots of glider airfields in Germany, but only gliders are allowed there.

Are TMGs also considered gliders for this purpose?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

So, I just takeoff, contact Muninchen Information and request FIS from them as always? Will they accept without FPL and let me into class E airspace?

Last Edited by pshz at 05 Jun 17:51
EVCA

@Ultranomad, in case of Fuessen, they allow gliders and ULM. I’ve seen today one trike orbiting over Neuschwanstein. I think, it took off from Fuessen airfield.

Last Edited by pshz at 05 Jun 17:54
EVCA

Will they accept without FPL and let me into class E airspace?

IFR or VFR? For VFR no clearance is required for E, so they cannot deny you.

You can call Munich Info, but you’re not obliged to.

LSZK, Switzerland
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message