Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA 61.75 Change of Address

I have recently moved and I’ve just updated my address details with the FAA on line. However I’m unable to order a replacement on line. This is what it says….

“In compliance with the policy dated July 23, 2002, airmen applying for a replacement certificate issued on the basis of a foreign license under 14 CFR Part 61, Section 61.75 or 14 CFR Part 63, Section 63.42, must complete and submit a Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification form to the Airmen Certification Branch and appear at a FSDO for positive identification to make application for a replacement certificate.”

Has anyone gone through this process? I presume this may required a trip to see Tom Houston, or I believe there is another chap Adam House.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Why would you need a replacement certificate after changing the address details online?

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

Your current address is printed on your FAA license. I’ve changed address with the CAA, so the two licenses now do not match.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I changed my 61.75 to match my re-issued UK PPL in 2010 at the Denver FSDO. My CAA licence no. had been changed from the 1987 one, as well as the address change. I had the UK Verification of Authenticity. The FAA guy was puzzled. After he gave up, I just calmly stood there. He then consulted someone at a high level, and re-validated my 61.75, which was also changing from paper to plastic card.
Free at FAA, but time consuming.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Although there is a requirement to notify the FAA of a change of mailing address within 30 days of a change, I don’t think I have come across a requirement that says that the FAA and CAA licence addresses need to match.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/update_address/ also says

You are not required to obtain a new FAA certificate showing your new address. If you would like a replacement certificate, please request a replacement online or indicate your desire for a replacement and include a $2.00 replacement fee with the change of address information.
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

I cant direct you to the authorative text but I recall reading that a condition of the 61.75 is that the address must match your underlying licence (and be your correct residential address) and also match your underlying licence number. The CAA up to a couple of weeks ago had a special arrangement running enabling licence numbers and 61.75s to be brought into alignment (as well as adresses I think). That has now passed, so I suspect the only way is as you suggest. There was some lengthy discussion on another well known forum which might be worth a read if you have not done so and no doubt the CAA can also provide details.

This was the CAA statement;

If you currently have an application with us for a UK/JAR conversion and hold a FAA airman certificate showing your UK licence number which does not follow the standard format GBR. FCL.PP.123456.A you need to inform us immediately at [email protected] with your full name, date of birth and UK CAA reference number. It is your responsibility to ensure that your UK issued licence is issued in sufficient time so that you can submit your application and documentation for the 61.75 verification. The UK CAA must be in receipt of the pilot’s 61.75 application and relevant information by 14 September 2018 in order to process the request for the FAA. Should the application be incomplete or incorrect, this will delay the processing time and reissue of the FAA certificate. Should the deadline be missed, pilots holding FAA certificates with the previous UK licence number will be required to travel to an FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) in the United States to comply with the FAA foreign verification requirements. The UK CAA will not be able to process any requests on behalf of the pilot and will stop providing this service at our Gatwick public counter. All requests will have to be handled directly by the FAA offices in the United States.

I may be wrong on the address aspect, but am sure I read something along those lines specifically relating to 61.75s which are different from “full” FAA licences.

By echobeach

“I recently notified the FAA of a change of address and asked for a new certificate.
I was previously rather pleased with my self that I had obtained certificate with much work but by visiting fsdo rep in uk and not leaving uk.
I aminformed by FAA I have to start the whole process again now I have moved and my faa certificate is now invalid. This means caa verify ppl, off to FAA, fsdo visit etc etc.
I can’t be the first one in uk who has changed address with FAA ‘piggy back’ certificate. I have e mailed them and they have confirmed above necessary.”

I think this was the basis I recall albeit a few years back. May or may not be correct, but it was my understanding at that time.

This was the original thread about the UK CAA doing the 61.75 FAA license updates. CAA website links tend to go dead as quickly as planecheck adverts so the link in post 1 is now dead which is why I usually make local copies but in thosedays I didn’t have an easy way to do those

Interesting they stopped doing it in Sep 2018.

So now your options are (a) travelling to the USA (b) going to see Adam House.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I spoke to Adam yesterday. He was going to email the New York FSDO and ask for clarification.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I just had it confirmed by the FAA that it is not a requirement to have your current address on your Airman’s Certificate…..

“Hi Rob,

As stated on the FAA website you are not required to obtain a new FAA certificate with your new address.

I have attached the application form for the verification process. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jennifer Jencik
FAA Airmen Certification Branch
Foreign Verification Department
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 405-954-1890
Fax: 405-954-9922"

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message