Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

First european Piper (Twin) Comanche fly-in in LIPF

Just spreading the word, as I’m not involved in preparation of all this.

So if you fly or own one of the most precious planes in the world, you are wanted (or: invited) to land at LIPF (northern Italy) around July 17, 2021:

Last Edited by UdoR at 14 Jun 09:54
Germany

@UdoR great type, I regret my only time is in the Twinkie, both the original and the later model (’64 and a ’66), very nice twin piston. While the tiger shark 260C is very attractive, the early 250 seems to be the main variant in the UK. A very nice180 sold very cheaply a few years ago in the UK with an updated original paint scheme.

Hope you are attending the First Nations gathering in Ferrara!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

That is such funny marketing imagery – speaks volumes for the era (1950s)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yah surely next question will arise: Will you attend the fly-in in original stylish 50ies dress code?

Luckily my Comanche is from the 70ies era!! And the difference between the 70ies and today at least for men is more or less the hair cut. However, corona-era hair cut looks very similar to the 70ies…so nothing to do for me!

But anyway, I’m planning to go there..

Germany

The hardest thing would be to find a lady to fit in that dress Whoops I am gonna be in trouble again

What is the attendance fee and what help is provided? Always interested in data on this sort of stuff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have new first-hand input on this.

As far as I understood, the fly-in will not have any major timetable. “Come there have fun”. No fees. No intense planning, however things like transfer to an accomodation will be taken over (Ferrara is nevertheless really close, in fact you could walk). Hotel reservation is up to you, help may be provided upon request.

There are plans to make some air-to-air photos saturday afternoon, whoever feels unfit for close formation flying might be offered military trained assistance. Sounds highly interesting. In fact there is some sort of military air force base next to the airfield, so personnel seems available.

And depending on the feedback things be decided rather short-termed. Saturday evening dinner and/or Sunday lunch on the airfield. Accomodation may be anything between tent next to the plane (no fees involved) and good hotels in the nearby village of Ferrara.

Last Edited by UdoR at 17 Jun 13:33
Germany

Peter wrote:

That is such funny marketing imagery – speaks volumes for the era (1950s)

I am tempted to go there dressed up like that :)

Switzerland

there are no fees not commitments.
everyone is free to come by. as far as I know, there will be also some formation flying training by ex mil pilots.-

Switzerland

And looks like already 15 Comanches / TwinCos are registered to maybe hang around there that weekend. Word was spread only 4 days ago. Looks like high commitment among Comanche flyers

Germany
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message