Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flight School near Eindhoven, Netherlands

10 Posts

Hi all,

I will soon be moving to Netherlands for work, based in Eindhoven. Currently I have an Australian PPL, and when I leave Australia I expect to have around 120 hours total time, including 60 hours command time.

Can someone recommend a flight school let’s say within 2 hours drive from Eindhoven that offers Modular CPL training(Germany, Belgium is ok)? So far I have not had too much luck. Only one place in Eindhoven called Executive Flight has been responsive to my queries. A flight school in Germany said they only do German courses and there is no instructor availability.

I am getting quite worried that this move may essentially force me to give up flying if I can’t find a suitable flight school.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

Many thanks

Netherlands

Try “Limburgse Vleugels” @ EBZW

EBST, Belgium

Go to Budel (EHBD). Good flight school there. Not that far from Eindhoven.

EDLE, Netherlands

Thanks for the replies. Budel couild be a good option as it’s only 30 minutes drive from Eindhoven.

Not sure why I’m not receiving a lot of replies to my enquiries, hopefully it’s easier when I’m there in person.

I’m trying to do as many hours as I can while I’m still here in Australia. I assume this means I have to do less in Europe?

Netherlands

The Budel Airport is private and the airport also owns the flight school. Family business. They train on C172 aircraft but are also the local dealer for TBM and PC12. Qualified instructors, up to date.

EDLE, Netherlands

One place in the Netherland advised that if I want to do the Human Factor and Air Law exams in English, I must travel to the UK.

Is this correct? Is there no possibility at all to do the exams in the Netherlands?

I would have thought surely there must be facilities for people to do these exams in Netherlands or any other European but non-English speaking Country.

Netherlands

I am pretty sure it can be done in English in Belgium

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Some info here

There’s Orbit Groundschool where I’m currently doing the self-study distance learning course for the PPL; course is in English and consists basically of online slides to click through; I’m using the FAA handbooks/material, the slides serve to accommodate for EU peculiarities. The exams can be done for about 100 Euro alltogether in Brussels in English (or a lot more Euros in Dutch in the Netherlands).

EHRD / Rotterdam

In the Netherlands, the theory exams for aviation are exclusively handled by the CBR – the same ones that handle your driving exam. Aviation exams for private pilots (including the LAPL and PPL) are in Dutch. Aviation exams for professionals (including all IR variants, CPL and ATPL) are in English. https://www.cbr.nl/nl/beroepsexamens/nl-4/luchtvaart.htm

For theory study, I would also recommend Orbit. They use course materials obtained from Bristol, which is in English.

As far as the practical component is concerned, I’m pretty sure any flight school has instructors that speak English well enough to run a course in English. As you’re in the Eindhoven area, why not check with the EACm? They’re based on Eindhoven Airbase themselves. https://www.eacm.nl/ The EACm does not advertise CPL practical courses on their website but who knows? Slightly further away is my club, Vliegclub Rotterdam (www.vliegclubrotterdam.nl). They definitely have the ability to teach a CPL in English.

Last Edited by BackPacker at 18 Aug 15:48

The EACm does not do CPL, it’s PPL/LAPL only (no IR either). But the instructors can teach in English, in fact I believe there’s someone in PPL training there right now who doesn’t speak Dutch.

Last Edited by NickP95 at 18 Aug 20:40
EHTE, Netherlands
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message