Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly in @ Eindhoven (EHEH)

Thought I’d make a separate thread for this: on May 25th the Eindhovense Aeroclub Motorvliegen (EACm) is organising a fly in. Arrivals are between 0930LT and 1345LT, a slot is required. From 1400LT, you can depart again (no slot requirement). There are about 50 slots available. You can request a slot by sending an email to fly-in[AT]eacm.nl, providing at least the following information:
- Aircraft registration
- Origin airport
- PIC name
- Preferred slot time

Once you have a slot, some more information including a briefing (which will probably be in Dutch, but I can translate it for you) will be send to you.

The fly-in coincides with our annual Family day, so there will be quite a few things to do and see at the club.

If you’d like to come, please request a slot, and send me an email or post in this thread. I’d like to see how many of you join us on May 25th.

Hope to see you then!

Last Edited by NickP95 at 12 Apr 14:54
EHTE, Netherlands

You had already mentioned it in this thread, #02 – I can only say I fully agree with the comment in #05 there. Yes I know the situation is difficult in Holland in general and at this field in particular, I am sure your club does a great effort. Still, this is not my idea of a fly-in… Apart from having to pay a fee, it looks unnatural to have to reserve a lot for a gathering. That’s not even required at Oshkosh!

Last Edited by at 12 Apr 15:53
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Well Jan, maybe you are not part of the target audience .

We’d like to offer aviators a chance to fly to, dare I say, a rather ‘exclusive’ field, which is normally out of reach for the average private pilot (Viggo charges you like an airliner, or so I have heard).

This forum, with most posts/threads being more IFR oriented, is perhaps not the best place to advertise these kind of things, but hey, there might be some VFR pilots lurking without an account who’d otherwise not have heard of this event.

Yes, we charge a landing fee (at least, last year we did), but it is lower than most landing fees, even at small uncontrolled fields, in the Netherlands. And it includes drinks (again, last year…)

EHTE, Netherlands

This forum, with most posts/threads being more IFR oriented, is perhaps not the best place to advertise these kind of things, but hey, there might be some VFR pilots lurking without an account who’d otherwise not have heard of this event.

There are loads of VFR pilots on EuroGA, but for reasons which are not wholly clear not many of them post. We would very much like to improve this, of course, because VFR is the big majority of GA activity. The forum is read by 500-1000 real pilots every day, reading 5-10 pages each time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Myself am one of the exceptions, Nick, flying a spartan-equipped microlight in strict VFR…
But with God’s own freedom within easy reach in France and in Germany, I am not itching at all to fly into Holland, as nearby as it may be.
I may have a good reason, though, to fly to EHMZ shortly…

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I see I made a mistake with the application email address: it should be eacmflyin[AT]icloud.com

EHTE, Netherlands

Jan, since you don’t have a transponder nor ELT can’t fly there anyway.
Also, EHEH is 8.33KHz and I heard you can get prosecuted if you don’t file Y in the Equipment field in the flightplan :-)

Last Edited by lenthamen at 14 Apr 22:24

Thanks for the reminder ;)

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message