Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in proposal : Orleans LFOZ and Loire Valley, May 1 2022

Hi all,

We plan to spend the May 1 weekend near Orleans, France and having discovered this area, I would love to show it to some of you.
GA-wise :
The airport is LFOZ. It has BP fuel, RNP approaches and a long paved runway. It offers AFIS on weekdays and customs and PCL with PPR.

Sightseeing-wise :
The area has a lot to offer :
- Orleans itself is a neat middle-size town, comparable to Reims.
- Sully/Loire and its castle
- Germigny and its carolingian oratory from 806 AD
- St Benoit sur Loire and its basilica which hosts the relics of St Benedict (who founded the Benedictines in 516 AD)
- Chambord is not too far either, if interested

Orleans maintains its tradition of remembering Joan of Arc. The yearly remembrance week start of May 1 which makes a great opportunity.

I could shuffle 3 people around in my car. If more, we could rent one and I would bring you to the car rental office.

LFOU, France

I was in Montargis/Vimory airfield last weekend @jujupilote for a meeting (stayed overnight in Coudray) – I like the are from there to Orleans, though it is a bit flat. But loads of history and very typical French villages. Good food and wine…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Great proposal – ticks all usual boxes I’m in if something unpredictable doesn’t happen.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Interesting, but it’s right after the Aero F’Hafen.. Hmm.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

That is 27. – 30. April 2022.

I would go But yes there should be a small gap; few people will do a long trip and then another one the following day. OTOH not many people do EDNY as soon as it opens.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

OTOH not many people do EDNY as soon as it opens.

Maybe do Aero on last day or two and then just continue to LFOZ. For you it’s on a way back home.

Last Edited by Emir at 09 Mar 08:47
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

No alps crossing :) …. I too would be marking my calendar for a possible visit.

EDMB, Germany

I totally missed it was the AERO weekend. But it is the only weekend possible for us.
I can take one or two days off before or after.

AERO ends on saturday. You can come in direct (intra-Schengen) and leave Monday or Tuesday.

LFOU, France

I’m thinking about visiting Aero on Friday and then continuing to LFOZ in the afternoon. That’s the way to persuade my first officer to join me because spending more than half of day at Aero is too much for her.

Last Edited by Emir at 27 Mar 07:52
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks for telling me. When do you plan to leave ?

You will have to email them beforehand to ask:
- if your wingspan restrict you to apron A
- for customs for your departure
- for AFIS in english if you wish (if the current notam is extended)

LFOU, France
39 Posts
Sign in to add your message