Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to Calais March 24th

Sounds fun - I'll head over as well.

I can offer 2 spare seats from Biggin Hill if anyone is interested.

EGEO

Is this still on?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

It certainly is, for me! A great motivator to get my little bird in mint condition, technically at least. If I can manage good looks also, so much the better.

Still, weather determines all, for VFR-only pilots like me.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I am still going. Will go even if IFR. The week prior I will get numbers and let the restaurant know.

EGTK Oxford

Excellent - will be 3 up. VFR no problem - IFR depends on the freezing level

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

my MO is to plan for 100% OCAS and then ask for shortcuts etc en-route

This is a bit confusing: outside controlled airspace (that's what you mean by "OCAS", isn't it?) you can interrogate Brussels Information about the activity status of various aerodromes and danger/restricted zones; and you may normally count on quick and useful replies. Perhaps even a bit of unrequested warning like "paradrop going on at EBHN" or "intense glider activity around EBNM". But they will not normally advise on routing - that's what pilots are for, after all. Of course they can't issue any clearance either, by definition of "non-controlled". So I don't see in what way you could ask for shortcuts, neither what Brussels Information could possibly reply to such a request.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I am on my way back from Baden-Baden that day, so I may well stop by and say hello.

EGBJ / Gloucestershire

Great. Everyone welcome, this entirely an informal get together. Hopefully a good warm up for the Official fly-in.

A good option for those who have not crossed the channel before also who are perhaps looking for an excuse.

EGTK Oxford

And Freddy at Brasserie des Aviateurs has confirmed we are all good for lunch. Can I suggest a 1200 LCL for lunch and people can plan around it.

EGTK Oxford

If I am "about" and not in the middle of my next avionics upgrade I might come along.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message