Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to Calais March 24th

12:00 seems very early. Both for the "cuisinier", even though the "patron" confirmed. But also for pilots who have to wait for haze to lift. If I can touchdown by 12:30 local I will have been on the lucky side.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Crossing Belgium VFR is simple. Before my IFR days I would regularly fly from Dutch airspace VFR to France. Initially I started following the coast via COSTA and Oostend, then finding out that it is just as simple to fly VFR right over Brussels in one straight line. All depends a little on how good your RT is, but what you do is to fly towards the FIR boundary and climb to a typical IFR level like FL60 or higher if possible. Then contact first Brussels information with the request to cross from e.g. over via NIK and CIV to France and they will hand you over to either either a Brussels Area controller or an Approach controller. Then you are vectored in one straight line. As far as I remember there is no A-airspace in all of Belgium (just like there is none in Germany), so there is no problem doing this VFR.

Then I regularly go to the aerodrome Saint Hubert which is in the Eastern part of Belgium right in the middle of the military zones. My experience is that if you fly there at e.g. 2000 feet from Liege down to Saint Hubert (EBSH) Brussels Information will inform you on any activity or you can just ask them. They are very friendly and there is no problem at all.

EDLE, Netherlands

I am relaxed on time - Just though people would want to be able to get back in daylight. 12.30 is fine.

EGTK Oxford

Count me in for the Fly-in March 24th as well with 2 persons.

What is the status of the fly-in to La Rochelle? Is there a date/place set already?

EDLE, Netherlands

La Rochelle dates here.

Two possible weekend dates:

18/19 May, with 25/26 May as a backup.

No "social programme" has yet been suggested.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hope to be there - 2 people.

Just heard my ELT is back, it had to go back to AmeriKing and I think they must have rented it out. It took them 14 weeks to return it, multiple emails and 5 telephone calls later.

Norman
United Kingdom

OK, can we all please copy and repeat the list below adding their own details?

JasonC - PA-46 - 1 adult + 1 child (12 yo boy) IFR arrival.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC - PA-46 - 1 adult + 1 child (12 yo boy) IFR arrival.

Jan Olieslagers - 3-axis microlight - 1 adult, male - strictly VFR

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Like this please, no quotes.

1. JasonC - PA-46 - 1 adult + 1 child (12 yo boy) IFR arrival.
  2. Jan Olieslagers - 3-axis microlight - 1 adult, male - strictly VFR
EGTK Oxford
  1. JasonC - PA-46 - 1 adult + 1 child (12 yo boy) IFR arrival.

2. Jan Olieslagers - 3-axis microlight - 1 adult, male - strictly VFR

3. Norman -RV9 - 2 adults (one of each) - VFR.

Norman
United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message