Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying Boats! (and seaplanes too)

After the SeaRey posting… I thought I might move on to some larger flying boats .

I found a video of a Grumman Widgeon in British Columbia.

Last Edited by Canuck at 16 Oct 10:16
Sans aircraft at the moment :-(, United Kingdom

And some classic Beaver action…

Here was a trip we did a couple years ago. You can charter a Beaver to fly into the Chilcotin range in British Columbia. We then spent five days riding the ridges and valleys to get back to civilization.

Flying in to the lake.

Unloading all the gear and bikes.

Beautiful!

Weather in the mountains.

Snow!

Snow!

Clearing up at night!

When do we go down?

Evening silhouette.

The home stretch!

10/10 beautiful pics, Canuck

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wow..
Shall we just all move to North America there and rename this to NAGA?
We just barely managed to get some sort of a permit to operate seaplanes in Pollensa, Majorca. Probably gets shut down the millisecond that ‘something’ happens.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

The seaplane operation in Croatia has closed its doors already, allegedly because of excessive beaurocratic meddling.

Forever learning
EGTB

According to my sources, ECA operations have been suspended, not terminated; but they did blame excessive bureaucracy. Perhaps only a way to increase pressure and/or get publicity and/or get politics involved? The timing, at the end of the tourist season, is, err, shall we say, err, remarkable. Let us hope the best for them!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

My information is that “Croatian politics” is already involved….

Forever learning
EGTB

I would be amazed if they made money. The Jadrolinia ferries are brilliant and cost virtually nothing (of the order of a few euros) and you can take your car, so the seaplane ops will be attracting just a very small spillover. They are limited on the sea state (the wind) so I am not surprised they packed it up at this time of the year.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I tried to arrange to land in Lake Como as we crossed Europe, but their “open hours” were so short (on a magnificent weather weekend) that I simply could not stop for a visit, we would have been stuck there.

Stickandrudderman wrote:

The seaplane operation in Croatia has closed its doors already, allegedly because of excessive beaurocratic meddling

Well, not completely… I was permitted, with some arranging, to land in Split harbour last July, though I did understand it to have been special permission.

ECA has been dealt a difficult blow, and I have the best wishes for them coming through it.

Some of the harbours along the coast were very tempting!

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message