Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying In Ireland

10 Posts

We've just published a useful article entitled "Flying in Ireland", kindly contributed by Colm Farrell.

Hope it proves useful. Certainly the pictures make it look like a great place to fly.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

I would second everything in the article. Ireland is a truly wonderful place for GA. I would however urge caution when visiting Sligo and the wind is southerly or south west, it can be challenging!

UK, United Kingdom

Have PM’d Colm, but wanted to know (i) is Newcastle EINC still an airport of entry and (ii) is there a procedure where I can arrive at Trevet EITT from the UK, and (iii) leave from Trevet for the UK?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hi Robert,
As far as I know EITT is now closed. Planning…..

Let us know if your knocking about these parts ever. G-OSPS I can’t think if I’ve seen it since you bought it.

William

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

William sorry to hear this, will dig out your bible to see if there is a farm strip near Lusk which will allow an International Cub arrival

…in fact Trim probably makes sense, this is for May so will PM William and Colm to see if we can make a mini EuroGA reunion

Great job. Give me a heads up on the dates. Trying to get things cowled up now and into summer flying mode. I’ve only got the cub, colt, cherokee and alpi to finish by then.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Robert, a couple of Maules might come and join you from Scotland, if and when.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Looking at a good map Ballyboughal looks like the prime, almost sole, option.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Robert,

Did you get my reply to your private message yesterday?

WilliamF will know the status of Trevet better than I!

Where is it that you’re actually trying to get to in the end?

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message