Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying into EDDM - any tips?

Have a tentative plan to fly into Munich, EDDM next week. Option is Augsburg, EDMA where I've been before but Munich is closer and would suit us better.

However, being a pretty large airport with lots of traffic, and one I've never been to before, are there any gotchas to look out for?

Thanks for any tips.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

Take your extended size wallet with you, €500 or so.

EDDM does not want GA traffic, they will most likely turn you down. The official position is that they need the 3rd runway to handle GA but they're not getting it, therefore no GA.

You can try to get a landing slot at Unterschleißheim. That's the best GA access to Munich but they have a very limited number of slots for outside aircraft. I think the 2013 slots are not fully used up yet.

Munich is a GA disaster.

Depends on the plane and how much money you want to spend. IFR only. Charges

United Kingdom

That's an interesting price list.

Page 20 and 22 seems to most apply to GA.

A massively steep rise according to noise level.

But I can't see the €500. How would that be calculated? It looks like €200 or so and that assumes no noise certificate at all.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You end up getting a long list of various charges. Don't forget handling, the airport charges are only part of the bill.

Indeed, VFR is generally refused and IFR not always granted. This airport really does not want GA, even less so than Frankfurt.

The business jets don't go there either usually. Looking at the main PIREP site in Germany, the last entry is from 2007 saying that a landing was refused

Also, don't forget that in addition to airport PPR, you will need a slot for EDDM, which are two different things.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I already have a quote from the GA terminal for 318 EUR and we're flying in with a jet, so cost is high anywhere we go. Haven't checked slot availability yet so we'll see if it's even possible. Augsburg is the option on the wrong side of Munich and Eggenfelden is not long enough (with factors), but in the right area.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

Would Straubing EDMS be long enough?

EGTK Oxford

... with a jet of course Munich will welcome you. so you can maintain the 210kt to 12DME and then 170kt to the outer marker (IAS)

EDxx, Germany

Depending on where you need to go to Ingolstadt (ETSI) could be an option.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria
68 Posts
Sign in to add your message