Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying SP-reg a/c with FAA license in Poland

Hi.As title says, may I fly a SP-reg in Poland with only my FAA license? Could you please point me to a polish regulation? Thanks Maximus

may I fly a SP-reg in Poland with only my FAA license?

I am afraid you may not :(

Could you please point me to a polish regulation?

USTAWA

z dnia 3 lipca 2002 r.

Prawo lotnicze

Dzial V

Personel lotniczy

Rozdzial 1

Kwalifikacje personelu

Art. 96

1. Licencja wydana lub potwierdzona przez w?asciwy organ panstwa obcego wymaga uznania przez Prezesa Urzedu, z zastrzezeniem ust. 5b.

5a. Licencja wydana lub potwierdzona przez w?asciwy organ panstwa czlonkowskiego Unii Europejskiej, Konfederacji Szwajcarskiej lub panstwa czlonkowskiego Europejskiego Porozumienia o Wolnym Handlu (EFTA) – strony umowy o Europejskim Obszarze Gospodarczym dla specjalnosci personelu lotniczego, o ktorych mowa w art. 94 ust. 6 pkt 1, 4 i 4a, jest uznawana w Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej za wazna na rowni z licencja? polska, chyba ze wymagania stawiane przy jej wydaniu by?y lagodniejsze od stawianych w Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej.

5b. Nie wymaga uznania przez Prezesa Urzedu licencja:

1) wydana lub potwierdzona przez w?asciwy organ panstwa czlonkowskiego Unii Europejskiej, Konfederacji Szwajcarskiej lub panstwa czlonkowskiego Europejskiego Porozumienia o Wolnym Handlu (EFTA) – strony umowy o Europejskim Obszarze Gospodarczym, zgodnie z przepisami Za?acznika 1 do Konwencji, o ktorej mowa w art. 3 ust. 2, na podstawie ktorej beda wykonywane niezarobkowe czynnos?ci lotnicze, w lotach VFR w dzien w zalodze jednoosobowej;

2) wydana lub potwierdzona przez wlasciwy organ panstwa obcego, zgodnie z wymaganiami mie?dzynarodowymi ustanowionymi przez Zrzeszenie Wladz Lotniczych (JAA) albo EASA.

[< pre > attribute changed to < i > attribute, to make the quoted text in italics (neater) - Peter ]

YSCB

People at the Urzad Lotnictwa Cywilnego in Warsaw (Polish Civil Aviation Authority) can advise you how to obtain your Polish PPL on the basis of your FAA pilot certificate. Contact Flight Crew Licencing Branch

Alternatively, obtain an EASA licence from any other European authority. You will then be entitled to pilot SP-registered aircraft during private ops under VFR during daylight hours. Cheers, A

YSCB

Alternatively, obtain an EASA licence from any other European authority. You will then be entitled to pilot SP-registered aircraft during private ops under VFR during daylight hours. Cheers, A

Surely, with Poland being an EASA member state, he will be entitled to exercise all privileges of his non-Polish EASA licence and any ratings included on that licence?

Biggin Hill

You will then be entitled to pilot SP-registered aircraft during private ops under VFR during daylight hours.

Wrong. If you do the conversion (100 hours PIC plus 2 exams and a flight test) you get a standalone EASA license. No day-VFR only. The night qualification is included as you will have the night hours anyway - they are required for the FAA ticket.

Surely, with Poland being an EASA member state, he will be entitled to exercise all privileges of his non-Polish EASA licence and any ratings included on that licence?

Of course, you are absolutely right!

However, not many of any ratings that "maximus610" might have on his FAA certificate would be "automatically" transferable to an EASA licence....

Please note that the original question related to European pilot privilages a holder of an FAA pilot certificate might have WITHOUT satisfying any further requirements.

YSCB

Paragraph 5b (see my post #02) states that a holder of any EASA pilot licence is entitled, WITHOUT VALIDATION by Polish authorities, to operate (Polish) aircraft ONLY during non-commercial single-pilot operations under "day" VFR....

PS i do not have any recent personal experience in validating foreign (non-European) pilot licences in any EU country. I only quoted the relevant Polish regulation (Aviation Law 2002 as amended and consolidated on 18/10/2012).

YSCB

Am I permitted to fly UK registered private AC in Europe with my FAA ATP Sea & Land license ?

Maule,s on the brain

That was possible for many years (the UK CAA would automatically validate an ICAO PPL for a G-reg, worldwide use, noncommercial, VFR) but it has been stopped (by EASA) either very recently, or will be soon.

However I believe it remains available for a non EASA aircraft which basically means Permit and similar types (I am not familiar with those categories but they are aircraft without an ICAO CofA.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

maximus – you can not, and does not matter if it’s SP-reg or any other easa country. you can fly on N-reg. or M – reg., i.e. Isle of Man

EPBC
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message