Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying trip to Tarbes

Just back from a flying trip to a MMIG46 (PA46 and P46T usergroup) aviation event: visiting the Daher factories where they make the TBM900 (my dream aircraft), Lourdes and visiting Courchevel Altiport, Lyon and some other places on the way back. On departure from Lelystad the runway was blocked due to a landing accident (no injuries) and on a fuel stop at Troyes I had a flat front tyre (was repaired in less than an hour). Normally I fly the Cirrus SR22 Turbo, but that one is sold. So, while working on my MEP and SET to fly the Jetprop I rented this Piper Archer II. While very slow I eventually got there. In total we flew more than 18 hours during the last few days from Friday until yesterday. Here a picture impression: https://www.flickr.com/photos/terwelle/sets/72157658955964681

EDLE, Netherlands

Impressive. MMIG46 group on venture to get upgrades?
Is like a BMW Club is visiting Mercedes production site.

United Kingdom

I like the TBM900 and I think the MMIG46 group has already several members owning a TBM (one TBM850 and another the TBM900). They are already flying a jetprop, so the next step up would be the TBM900 or a Jet, right?

EDLE, Netherlands

Since it is hard to get any decent quality photos through the windows of any PA46, one may as well do the job properly, match the mission profile to the aircraft capability, and just get the TBM

I have about 2000 photos from the last trip to sort out, so a TBM would save me a lot of time

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The sales pitch is very easy:

Q: It’s really sh*t to have money when the interest rates are zero.
A: Absolutely but I’m Swiss and here, the interest rates are negative!

Q: Flying over MTOM all the time isn’t that great, is it?
A: Yes, I agree but at least it seems to work.

Q: Wouldn’t 330 kts and 1300 NM be great?
A: Where do I have to sign?

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message