Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Floatplane flying in Como

Just wanted to share this brilliant photo essay about flying at Aeroclub Como, by a fellow aviator from Switzerland. The text is in German, but the photos tell most of the story…

HERE

Last Edited by boscomantico at 02 Feb 09:28
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I DROV is the right callsign for a seaplane :-)

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

Ciao, I assume you know that I-DROV was unfortunately lost last June.
Coicidentally, not during a takeoff or landing mishap, but due to engine failure on a cross country between Biscarosse and Béziers. In fact, the two occupants on board were injured. I don‘t think the club has found a substitute yet. A pity, since the Hawk XP is obviously a very good seaplane.

ASN

No, I didn’t knew .
Schade

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

My friend and I left Munich headed for Lake Como a couple of years ago, I was eager to visit. I was saddened to learn of their rather limited operating hours. We could have made it in time to land on Saturday, but apparently would not have been permitted to take off on Sunday, to continue our trip to Croatia. So we did not go to Como. We landed at Boscomantico airport instead, and spent a nice night in Verona.

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Yes, it’s a bit of a cultural thing. Plus, it’s a noise concession. If you have been there, you’ll know why.

So, how many have or want a seaplane rating (I have one) and where would you dream of going with the seaplane?

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 04 Feb 10:55
EDLE, Netherlands

I have a seaplane rating (need to renew it before the beginning of the season …). Dreaming of flying all around Europe :-)

ENVA, Norway

@WingsWaterAndWheels: so where do you go to renew it?

EDLE, Netherlands

Not quite sure yet, either in Como as I did before, or maybe in Biscarrosse. I will depend on my travel plans for April/May.

ENVA, Norway
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message