Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LF-D 192 in France

Hi guys,

due to the bad weather in the past few days in Germany, I began planning my route to the Languedoc recently. One thing that nags me is a flight corridor, similar to the RTBA, in the south of France, called LF-D 192. Since it is “only” a danger and not a restricted area, I guess there will be no problem crossing it and flying through there. But since it is there, I wanted to know if there are some among you, who have experience with this area and can help me with that. I attached a screenshot from SkyDemon for you to see, which area I mean – it’s the small corridors circling around the airfield of Florac.

Thanks in advance!

Best

EDSO, Germany

A tip: as far evey piece of regulated airspace, the AIP (ENR 5.1) shows some details about the nature of the regulation. In this case, it also lists which ATS units will know about any activity inside of it. So, I wouldn‘t worry about it in my planning.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hi boscomantico, thank you for your help. Since I am not very experienced in flying in countries other than Germany, I am happy to get help from you “old hands”!

EDSO, Germany

From here:
LF D 192:
“Active MON-FRI except HOL: 0700-2000 (SUM – 1 HR). Possible activation by NOTAM PN 48 HR outside these SKED.
High speed and/or low altitude VFR Defence ACFT test flights trajectory.
Administrator : DGA EV.
Airmen’ attention is drawn to the dangerous and particular character of the activities taking place in this area.
Actual activity known on :
- MARSEILLE INFO,
- MONTPELLIER INFO,
- CLERMONT APP,
- ORANGE APP,
- CAMARGUE CONTROLE”

If it is indeed active the day you will fly and you can’t get a clearance through, you can easily deviate very slightly to the east of your planned track shown above. It will cost all of 1min of additional flight time.
Like Bosco, I would not worry about this one.

ESMK, Sweden
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message