Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your opinion on the NOTAM system needed (research)

Dear fellow pilots,

Being a GA pilot myself, I believe that the voice of GA pilots must be heard. I am conducting academic research on the current NOTAM system and its perception by its users and I would like to invite you to participate in an anonymous 5 minute questionnaire. My research explores two main themes. The first one is whether different types of users have different needs. The second one is whether some types of NOTAMs are more important than others types, for specific user groups. There are also few questions asking your opinion about the current system and whether it should be changed. Data collected are confidential and will only be used for academic purposes. You can find the questionnaire here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/notams

Thank you in advance for your kind contribution!

Iason Rigas

EDFE, Germany

Responded…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Likewise

Dear Peter , dear all,

Thank you very much for your responses. I have to say that I tried to find volunteers in several forums with limited success or mixed results. But the amount and quality of responses in this forum is impressive. I will come back to you in the future when I have some conclusions from the analysis. Once again, thank you very much for your contributions!

EDFE, Germany

Done.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Done. I didn’t know what FATO was so chose “C”. I’ve used the system since I could access it online. In the Scottish FIR the Notams are an acceptable number to read. For the London FIR my replies might have been different.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

FATO = Final Approach and Take Off area. It’s a term used in helicopter ops.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Done.

EDDS , Germany

And another one! Quite simple and fast, hope you do get lots of answers.

EHLE, Netherlands

Done. Thank you for your survey! Highly appreciate your efforts!

That there aren’t 5 crashes everyday by relying on the garbage that we call Notams is proof enough that they are useless anyway.

Along with Notams, delete all operational limits of airports if they are nothing but paper exercises, as are Notams.

Notams only a paper trail of CYA = like saying „it’s your fault, you didn’t read and memorize all AIPs of the world“

OT:
Greece for instance enforces a „customs“ check for private flights, so your flight routings are limited and you are forced to fly to airports that might experience bad WX etc.. in reality no customs personnel ever checks anything. Useless.

On the bright side: Notams (or rather changing them) might be the one topic in the world we can all agree on!

Last Edited by Snoopy at 06 Apr 19:40
always learning
LO__, Austria
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message