Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel efficiency in cruise

And a few of us Swedes, burning Hjelmco unleaded AVGAS :)

Jason, it looks like it is up to you and me and a few other decent people on this forum to save this planet..

Indeed. That is really why we fly, to make a difference.

Jan, you too along with all of Sweden.

Must mean what next and the other bizjet pilots on here are doing even more for the environment!

EGTK Oxford

Burning unleaded MoGas, I feel I could join that club.

Sorry Jan, you can only join the club if you burn A LOT of it ;)

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Peteris turning unusually quiet on this thread. Ahh, I guess he busy building a catalytic converter for his plane.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Leaded fuel and catalytic converters don't match. That's why the first cars with catalytic converters in the 1980s had such trouble, always had to find the then rare lead free fuel.

But it's an interesting issue. Why are we totally exempt from anything related to clean exhaust? What if government started to apply the same Euro 5/6 standards to airplanes that are binding today for cars?

Peter is turning unusually quiet on this thread.

Absence doesn't mean I am not around

Why are we totally exempt from anything related to clean exhaust?

Because we emit hardly anything compared to cars. You ought to be grateful

What if government started to apply the same Euro 5/6 standards to airplanes that are binding today for cars?

If they did, you would have to take up knitting.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jason, it looks like it is up to you and me and a few other decent people on this forum to save this planet..

Group hug? (opening arms...)

My Aerostar: 25gph doing 200kts at 17,500feet. This equals 0.47L/nm or 0.07L/passenger/nm. Or, if you wish, 9.26mpg. Pretty good for a twin.

E400 (Extra 400) 0.274 ppm , 0.38 lpm (FL200 typical)

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland

Can anyone provide the numbers for DA40 TDI or NG (i.e. diesel)?

EGTR
Sign in to add your message