Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Foreign Licences - which ones do you have?

I have an FAA 61.75 PPL/IR based on my EASA PPL/IR.

Thinking of getting a standalone FAA CPL (like @aeroplus) in the future just for the challenge. As i understand i don’t have to do the PPL if i already have 61.75 PPL.

Seems obvious, but will I loose my 61.75? Which now includes the IR. Can the CPL and 61.75 PPL/IR co-exist? Otherwise i have to the standalone IR as well…

Jonas

Last Edited by Jonas at 01 May 19:14
ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Apparently it can although obviously this is a rare scenario.

Whether the FAA IR is a standalone one, or the “foreign pilot exam” one, doesn’t affect your ability to use either an FAA medical or an EASA medical.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jonas wrote:

I have an FAA 61.75 PPL/IR based on my EASA PPL/IR.

Thinking of getting a standalone FAA CPL (like @aeroplus) in the future just for the challenge. As i understand i don’t have to do the PPL if i already have 61.75 PPL.

Correct

Seems obvious, but will I loose my 61.75? Which now includes the IR. Can the CPL and 61.75 PPL/IR co-exist? Otherwise i have to the standalone IR as well…

Yes, if you have a 61.75, you don’t lose it if you get a standalone. But if you have a standalone, you can’t then get a 61.75.

EGTK Oxford

Started with the old German ICAO PPL-C (glider) and then PPL-A (aeroplanes). Got a 61.75 (SEL) on that, lost it again when I got a 61.75 on my German glider license and forgot to re-verify the PPL-A. Have a NZ PPL issued on the basis of that old German PPL-A, I honestly don´t know if I could use this license. Then went on to get a stand-alone FAA certificate, using the German hours for aeronautical experience, took me about three days including the checkride. Took this FAA certificate to convert my German LAPL (which I got instead of the EASA-FCL after missing a deadline a couple of years ago) into an FCL-PPL with a checkride instead of 10hrs + a checkride. Got an EIR last year and hopefully my EASA CPL will be in the mail next week.
I´m still happy having this FAA ticket, it´s the most easily comprehendible one.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

Min Stokes in Perth – great help.

Thanks @JasonC for the info!

ESOW Västerås, Sweden
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message