Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

DA62 G-MDME calibration flight down - Dubai

It’s desperately sad for Dave, the passengers and their family (none of whom I know). Given the equipment he was flying, his reported calibre, it serves as a harsh reminder to us all of the price way pay to enjoy this hobby. I never met him but this accident for some reason is hitting me hard given he was clearly very integral part of the pilot community.

I guess I would like pilots starting out in their GA career just to remember if this can happen a pro pilot flying pro equipment – we are all even more vulnerable than Dave was. I guess one can only say, sometimes it’s unfair.

If the families are reading this thread, my heart goes out to you all.

PF

Last Edited by pistonfever at 17 May 16:55
Channel Islands
I enjoyed reading his posts, which (and it’s not always the case) came through exactly I experienced him in real life: super knowledgeable but never overbearing, loving what he did and loving doing it well.
EGTF, LFTF

Horrible news of 4 deceased and one being so close to us on this parish as Timothy called it.
I also have never had the pleasure to meet him but always learned something from what he posted.
Is there anything we could do for the family from this parish?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I corresponded with Dave on matters Daimond. A total gentlemen, of wonderful knowledge and experience of which I can only dream. My mind keeps returning to this terrible accident and in time, whatever can be deduced, I am sure Dave will want us to know. Dave was very much of this parish, and our thoughts I am sure will be with those others on board as well.

I wonder if this post by Dave might have a bearing on this…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Or, desperately sadly, this one a little later:

Personally, I’ve yet to crash under such a scenario.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Very sad…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Absolutely horrible. It makes one wonder that if people like Dave are not above such accidents how would others with much less experience dare to fly at all. Makes me think about the safety of our GA planes yet once again. I am gutted.. even though the news was not unexpected after the silence yesterday.

I very much doubt that a simple engine failure could have brought someone like Dave down, personally I wonder if there had been movements before them and assoiciated wake turbulence in the area of the crash, which was under the localizer for one of the runways there. But speculation is useless at the moment, I hope we shall find out in due course what caused this tragedy.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Very sad news. Didn’t know Dave personally, but always respected the way he posted here and on other forums. His experience, his knowledge and how he conducted himself. Tragic to hear about such an accomplished aviator losing his life so abruptly. I hope we can find out what went wrong. RIP.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 18 May 04:19

Like other above, I didn’t know him but I guess his behavior here told a lot about him as a man and a father.
Let’s keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
RIP Dave.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message