Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

DA62 G-MDME calibration flight down - Dubai

Timothy wrote:

That may not be the ideal environment for an unbiased investigation.

I wondered the same. If it was a local procedural screw-up rather that pilot error or aircraft malfunction then I’m not sure the whole truth will necessarily come out.

EGLM & EGTN

G registered aircraft so I think AAIB will appoint an rep to any investigation?

Now retired from forums best wishes

Given even the Serious Fraud Office is prevented from doing its work independently in this region, I wouldn’t expect the AAIB to have much lattitude.

EGTF, LFTF

I was looking for the callsign on flightradar24 but could not find any recent flight other than those a month old. Are they obscuring crash flights?

EDLE, Netherlands

ADSBexchange doesn’t show anything either.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would assume they were operating under a commercial callsign not a tail number.

EGTK Oxford

…but commercial callsigns still also show under their registrations on FR24.

I am away from my PC, but it should be easy enough to look at the time period.

EGKB Biggin Hill

From what I see on FR24, last plane to land was Thai A350. Next were Fly Dubai 737 and Emirates A380, but they turn off the final track and start holding. Didn’t see the Diamond.

LPFR, Poland

I once departed after a 737 in a 30 ton plane and at around 400 feet hit two wakes. The roll force caused a bank in excess of 60 degrees.

I agree with Emir about the investigation.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Although I don’t have good opinion on democracy in UAE, I can’t say anything factual about their transparency in conducting investigations. I remember that in CAT accidents in the past full reports were disclosed and that FAA and Boeing were included. Since in early reports technical malfunction of aircraft was mentioned, I believe Diamond will insist to be included – I think they also have legal obligation to do so.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message