Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

DA62 G-MDME calibration flight down - Dubai

Peter wrote:

Very strange too since it didn’t happen anywhere near the runway.

Mushrif Park is on the centerline of 30L, about 2 miles out.

LPFR, Poland

Indeed but why would a plane crash so far out?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The spokesperson in dxb calling this a „small incident“ is inappropriate. All they care about is that the twittering self loading freight is relieved of delays :(

always learning
LO__, Austria

Indeed but why would a plane crash so far out?

A real tragedy as the flight operation has a very good reputation for professionalism. A potential threat is ATC not allowing enough wake turbulence separation after an A380.

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 17 May 12:00
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Do we know about Dave?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Now announced in another place that Dave Phillips is among the dead. I have been fearing so since the first few lines on the BBC last night. I did not know Dave as well as many here but I met him a couple of times, even flew with him once briefly and I liked him a lot. He was one of the best light GA forum commentators. Very sorry indeed at this news.

strip near EGGW

I am very sorry to hear that. He will be missed.

always learning
LO__, Austria

He was the best of the best.

He was the RAF officer in charge of the D & D cell, the manager of Wycombe Air Park, the manager of the Wycombe flight school and since then a highly competent, knowledgable and safety conscious jobbing professional pilot.

He leaves a lovely wife and daughter.

It’s desperately sad.

EGKB Biggin Hill

What terrible news. I didn’t know him personally but I can’t imagine I could ever have half of the experience and knowledge about aviation he seemed to have, and I believe he was a tireless leader for the air cadets as well.

Now retired from forums best wishes

I posted about Dave on the other forum that he was one of the most knowledgeable contributors, and that applies here also.

If I ever saw his name against a topic I knew there would be something to learn by reading it. He never posted fluff.
What a loss to us all.
So So sad.
RIP Dave.

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message