Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

DA62 G-MDME calibration flight down - Dubai

Airbus connection?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Technical assistance?

I wonder wake turbulence could break something on an aircraft that might be operating at close to VNE (as I have the impression they sometimes did)

Peter wrote:

Why the French BEA is involved, is a good question.

Brand new Airbus A350 involved?

I did my multi-training with the calmest, coolest, sweetest instructor there is. She had thousands of hours flying ambulances all over the US and dealt with my mistakes & shortcomings with a lot of patience. The only time she was obviously concerned is when a C130 came in for landing at the small untowered airfield we were playing at. “If you get behind this plane in the pattern, you are dead”. Very very sad deal.

Yes, the new Airbus 359x are under extensive watch by regulators and investigators though this sad accident does not look like an engine shutdown…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Incredibly sad!

Noe wrote:

I wonder wake turbulence could break something on an aircraft that might be operating at close to VNE

Wakes are an issue even among heavy’s. Any airline jet wake hitting a light aircraft is like hitting a mosquito with a brick.
A business jet (Challenger iirc) lost control and almost crashed after hitting a wake and that was during cruise.
https://ops.group/blog/inside-the-cabin-before-and-after-the-wake-turbulence-encounter/

Hopefully the accident report will reveal more details.

always learning
LO__, Austria

On the Code7700 website you can see a report of a KC135 (707 tanker) brought down by the wake turbulence of a B52. Airshow display practice.

EBKT

Why the French BEA is involved, is a good question.

As a manufacturing country of the second aircraft involved in the accident.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Here is a link to the article I mentioned:

Code7700 + Wake turbulence

Go to the second paragraph: Airshow Noncompliance.

Last Edited by dirkdj at 27 May 08:30
EBKT

I recall a DC9 in NY many decades ago which was brought down by wake.

Horrible.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message