Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

US trip (and engine failure at St Johns)

Sorry, I got the Visa – valid for 10 years – taking of 9am UK time tomorrow. 8 utc

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Have a great flight and don’t hesitate to ask for help if in any doubt! Sent a PM

Antonio
LESB, Spain

It seems LFHNFlightstudent made it to Reikjavik with reasonable wx on arrival…not so much enroute.

Tomorrow there is some kind of LP system enroute to Newfoundland, hopefully it can be negotiated at medium altitudes.

Most of the above stuff is at low altitude. Medium seems better othern than around the LP

Good luck!

Last Edited by Antonio at 18 Jul 18:09
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Made it into StJohns Canada today, don’t suppose anyone know of a good engine shop/mechanic in StJohns. Bit of an adventure…

We were in contact with a mechanic when we were there last year. The Shell FBO gave us the number of this guy. However, we didn’t do any actual work and it appeared he wasn’t keen on it. But if if you really need it, this guy may be able to help.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

We’re trying to figure it out with the ShellFBO – nothing will likely happen before Monday.

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

We’re trying to figure it out with the ShellFBO – nothing will likely happen before Monday.

You could try speaking to Gander flying school. They may have a contact near St John’s. http://gft.ca/

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

ca/

Thanks yes, they appear closed on weekend so bjt we’re trying that. Drove up to Paddy’s pond and spoke to a bunch of floatplane pilots. Trying to get an AME locked down now to do some checks first.

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

Trying to get an AME locked down now to do some checks first.

An AME ???? I hope you mean an A&P !! Good luck, whatever it is.

Last Edited by 172driver at 20 Jul 17:04

FR shows you taking almost nine and a half hours to get there from Iceland! Quite an adventure but glad to see you made it safe.
Closest shop I know is in Montreal Aeroteknic (former Pascal Gosselin’s shop)
I know they are good people but probably cannot do anything until Monday. @Spirit49 knows them well but I have not seen him around for a while.

Last Edited by Antonio at 20 Jul 17:25
Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message