Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SR22 down in the Alps (Austria) D-EUFO

A Aircraft (appreas to be a SR22) crashed today at the boarder between Austria and Germany (close the the “Meilerhütte” at N47°24’44.5 E11°07’44.3)

Aircraft has departet in Italy with 3 POB

At the moment only German news coverage
https://tirol.orf.at/stories/3005054/

Austria

R.I.P.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Second accident in as many days. D-EHEH went down under CAPs yesterday. Cirrus need to do more to reduce their accident rate (albeit, they do a lot, the most of any manufacture – well done Cirrus on this).

We need to take responsibility away from the pilot somewhat and make the system safer. Without doing this, we will be the last generation to accept the inherent risks associated with being PIC.

Channel Islands

pistonfever wrote:

We need to take responsibility away from the pilot somewhat and make the system safer. Without doing this, we will be the last generation to accept the inherent risks associated with being PIC.

Why do you say that wrt this accident?

EGTK Oxford

JasonC, correctly noted, this not a comment specific to this accident, just a general observation that humans can’t be safe to a sufficient degree of reliability vs a system. I’ll take the thought to a separate thread. Until people accept this concept, the accident rate will continue to be high.

Channel Islands

Unfortunately 4 GA accidents today. Besides this one, there was crash landing in Greece, midair collision in Poland and aerobatic aircraft crash in Serbia (pilot was fatally injured).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@emir
Any links available?

always learning
LO__, Austria

the accident rate will continue to be high

Is it really that high? How high? And if it is, do we care enough to take up golf?

I mean, people die on golf courses, and not only of boredom…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Apparently the registration is D-EUFO.

It was enroute between Montichiari / Brescia and Schwaebisch Hall (EDTY).

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
46 Posts
Sign in to add your message