Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Red Arrows display schedule (restricted/prohibited areas in the UK)

Here

The reason I post this is because most (all?) of these result in a de facto prohibited zone, and busts of that zone are the few things which the UK CAA prosecutes with enthusiasm and massive fines.

The CAA prosecutions site has more details but I recall one fine for busting the Eastbourne one a few years ago (a pilot from Belgium?) was about £5000.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just this year someone disrupted the Red Arrows display over Silverstone so we can expect an update soon about just how expensive such an intrusion is..... It's a bit disappointing for the spectators because the show is fantastic, I saw them at Yeovilton Air Day.....

EDL*, Germany

South East UK pilots – look out for the annual Eastbourne airshow. On past record, a £5000 fine for busting it.

I have prepared a big sticker to go on the yoke to remind me to watch the GPS. So easy to just forget…

Administrator

I had the Reds call me the other day. They were low level in Wales somewhere trying to call Brize and asked me to relay for them, which I totally garbled up.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Watch out for this one, near Eastbourne again, 14-18 August 2019

J0240/19: Temporary restricted area activated
Q) EGTT/QRTCA/IV/BO/W/000/055/5046N00017E006
RESTRICTED AREA (TEMPORARY) AT EASTBOURNE. RESTRICTION OF FLYING
REGULATIONS MADE UNDER ARTICLE 239 OF AIR NAVIGATION ORDER 2016. AIC
M090/2019, WHICH INCLUDES A CHART, WILL REFER. NO ACFT IS TO FLY WI
AREA BOUNDED BY STRAIGHT LINES JOINING
504047N 0001603E – 504619N 0002508E – 505038N 0001835E -
504506N 0000930E – 504047N 0001603E
UNLESS FLYING WITH THE PRIOR PERMISSION OF EASTBOURNE AIRSHOW FLYING
DISPLAY DIRECTOR WHO MAY BE CONTACTED ON TELEPHONE NUMBER 07711
437499. THESE RESTRICTIONS ALSO APPLY TO THE OPERATION OF SMALL
UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS. AR 2019-08-0016-AS 6
LOWER: Surface, UPPER: 5,500 Feet AMSL
FROM: 14 Aug 2019 12:00 GMT (13:00 BST) TO: 18 Aug 2019 17:00 GMT (18:00 BST)
SCHEDULE: 14-15 1200-1600, 16-18 1100-1700

Prosecution and a 4 digit fine for touching this bit…

Administrator

No doubt some bimbling idiot will saunter through blissfully unaware that Red 1 is up his chuff. Happens almost every year, despite the prolific NOTAMS of events, but who reads Notams? I actually think you are in more danger as they transit from event to event, sometimes 5/6 in one weekend. Busy cockpit for these guys rattling about at speed, low level, and the UK controlled airspace. Brings the crowds on the ground and keeps ice cream sellers in riches for the rest of the year.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Red’s won’t be there this year as they are over in Canada and the US, but worth keeping clear as I’m sure other fast pointy things will be flying around..

Peter wrote:

South East UK pilots – look out for the annual Eastbourne airshow. On past record, a £5000 fine for busting it.

I had that straight in my Deauville departure yesterday, I saw the Notams and planned the route to avoid but I still hastily told London Info I will be coasting near Eastbourne, enough to get that famous lecture on remaining outside CAS+RAT

Earlier in the morning, I was exceptionally granted a departure from La Baule in middle of Partrouile de France dry run for an airshow in the seaside, lesson of the story: always good to go and ask kindly in the bar the day before…

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Aug 14:32
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

go and ask kindly

That usually works really well in many places. Last time I flew back from France, I did my final flight from a place which has a 24h pre-notification requirement for customs. I called and sent an email, and was told in no uncertain terms that I risked a 1500 euro fine if departed, and that they couldn’t do anything as they were just a coordination center (→ you can tell that from the name because it has “cli”).

I’ve ended calling the larger airport (where the police normally calls from), asking to speak to the PAF (border police), explained my situation, and they said “that’s fine, just go, we won’t come”. That was about 1h before the flight time.

9 Posts
Sign in to add your message