Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Perugia LIRZ

Planning a trip to Corsica via Umbria. Any experiences/words of advice re. Perugia airport? Their list of airport charges is quite eye-watering but I assume it mainly concerns commercial traffic? I hope, for example, that marshalling includes basic transportation to the terminal and you don’t get stung for ‘pax transport’ charges? Likewise is there self-service fuel?

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

Reading SD reviews, LIRZ was very friendly until 2018, and is now a rip off like any other italian airport (I am allowed to say so ?). Permanent notam asks for PPR 24hrs for all nonbased flights

Maybe they have some works and the situation will change, let’s hope so.
What a shame. With Assisi nearby….

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 07 Aug 09:41
LFOU, France

Damn, you’re right.

Note to future self: check reviews first, then book accommodation.

Never mind!

jgmusic

Lirz has the cheapest avgas in Central Italy, but a 1.5t sep will be charged around 100eur just to land and depart same day. Better land in neighbouring Foligno (Liaf) paying 15eur, with avgas available at 2.5eur/l but only at weekends and before 5.30pm. Or, with avgas at around same price, you can land in Terni or CastiglionFiorentino (both with runway a bit short).

United Kingdom

mancival wrote:

Better land in neighbouring Foligno

Ah, that sounds like a great option. 1400m runway too.

The AIP says nil fuel – do they just try and keep it a secret?

jgmusic

Avgas was installed recently (1y ago) in liaf. Runway is really long and 35 allows for a very long final (you can land with a jet!)

United Kingdom

I’ll take my jet

jgmusic

I opened the LIRZ price list :

• PPR coordination : 100€ (The mail to ask the PPR is the one of the handler )
  • fuel coordination : 50€

From what I read on their website, they are struggling to maintain Ryanair lines, and just opened a bigger terminal. Guess there is no coincidence.

Edit : Italy has some treasures !
Check out http://www.parcoacquarossa.com/en/activities-services/avio-surface/
A little far from Perugia city, but seems a lot of fun, great to discover the area.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 07 Aug 11:56
LFOU, France

No wonder that all GA maintenance,pilot school and privates, ceased to exist there.Arrogance makes miracles.

LGGG

Jujupilote wrote:

A little far from Perugia city, but seems a lot of fun

Is this Avios Del Sagrantino Airfield?

jgmusic
41 Posts
Sign in to add your message