Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Perugia LIRZ

No report on our airport database yet so not a lot of GA going there, I guess.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Siena (one „n“ only) is run by the local aeroclub. Have you tried to contact them during business hours, via the contacts given in the NOTAM?

Perugia, as discussed here, is expensive, and makes a fuss about PPR and parking availability, but otherwise, is OK. See recent eddh.de and Skydemon pireps.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Does anyone have recent experience with Perugia?

I tearing my heart out going back and forth with the handler, Delta Aerotaxi. I asked them a simple question to confirm parking and send me a quote for an SR22. Still haven’t received any of that after a week – they have somehow confused my request with a BE400, so pretty happy I didn’t send them my credit card details, like they asked for before giving me the quote !

Not sure what the alternatives are. I can’t get hold of Sienna and LIQQ is on the short side for a hot Italian summer day.

EGTR

Whatever they invented on this bill, it’s far too much, even for 3354 kg aircraft. It looks more like airliner fee.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It was a TBM, 3354kg. Bill is from yesterday.

LPFR, Poland

boscomantico wrote:

Well, in the case of Perugia, it actually IS a matter of MTOW.

Ok, that is what I wanted to know: So what airplane was this, rather what MTOW? Bills of airports are always of very few informative charakter if one does not know the corresponding airplane/MTOW. That is a problem in EDDH and other sites as well…

However, even below 3 tons, the charges are very high. If I see it correctly for a 1.3 ton 4 seater: Looks like well over 100 Euros for a simple turn around. Way too much.

EASA or the EU commission should come up with a rule which bans PPR unless an airport can prove it is so busy it needs it.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 30 Oct 09:00
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Emir wrote:

What is the last item?

5% of the rest of the bill. I assume it is something like “surcharge for not paying in advance”? Or “surcharge for having to advance the funds (mostly to ourselves), while we already charge a separate disbursement fee”? At this point, they could just write “profit increase fee”.

ELLX

Well, in the case of Perugia, it actually IS a matter of MTOW. Up to three tons, fees are much lower and there are less items charged.

Whether it is ok to charge more items for a heavier aircraft, even though it has the same necessities as a lighter one, is a different matter.

The fees and charged docucment is here local copy

But for the rest, yes, it‘s one of those totally overmanaged Italian airports with almost zero movements. They have a document which explains how to get PPR, and that document is 12 pages alone…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 30 Oct 07:18
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Today’s world is really a mess : they put useless bureaucratic hassle (PPR), so people (and in this case really rich people) get fed up/rake advantage pf this system, so they create this nonsense. Wow.
This bill(compared to the service provided) shows a total disrespect for their customers. Bizjet customers must never look at their bills!!
I think we should boycott airports that ask for CC to get PPR.
What if you divert on your way to LIRZ ? Would you be charged ?

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 30 Oct 07:05
LFOU, France

What is the last item?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
41 Posts
Sign in to add your message