Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Does this already qualify as part of the “Single European Sky” bureaucracy if Europe decides for me what route I think my plane can fly or not?

tomjnx wrote:

The eurocontrol profiler thinks your climb/descent performance is different from what your aircraft is capable to do. Now when you file with autorouter we add profile information to give hints to the eurocontrol profiler. This information is missing if you cut&paste the route

Interesting – thanks. So my SR22 profile on RocketRoute differs sufficiently to that of the AutoRouter to prevent validation – or RocketRoute is deficient in how it communicates to the Eurocontrol profiler?

EGKB

@tomjnx, can Autorouter only override the climb/descent performance in the Eurocontrol database, or the ceiling as well?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

This is how the performance profile directives look like in a Autorouter flightplan:

(FPL-PHPCA-ZG -DA40/L -SDFGRY/S -EHLE1400 -N0132F060 FRO/N0132F060 IFR DCT VEXAR DCT DOBAK/N0140F120 N125 REVLA T907 SORUN/N0138F110 T903 RIBSO RIBSO4A -EDDH0126 -DOF/160503 EET/FRO0000 RMK/CREW CONTACT +31612345678 TOW:960 TOC:D6F060T0004 BOC:D78F060T0036 TOC:D87F120T0041 TOD:D148F120T0105 BOD:D151F110T0106 TOD:D187F110T0121 DAL:D201ADEDDH DAL:D168PTRIBSO TAXI:10 PBN/A1B2C2D2 -E/0648 P/TBN R/E A/WITH WITH BLUE C/L. KRANENDONK)

A lot of background info is found on the Autorouter website: Flight Path Profiles

Morgan, can you check if Rocketroute adds similar elements to your flightplan?

Ultranomad wrote:

or the ceiling as well?

Unfortunately not. What would be the use case of this?

If it’s an aircraft that has been converted to turbo, it might make sense to use ZZZZ as aircraft type and a TYP/ marker…

LSZK, Switzerland

When I added a turbo to my A36 I had to change the type to BT36 to get FL160+ to validate.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

If it’s an aircraft that has been converted to turbo, it might make sense to use ZZZZ as aircraft type and a TYP/ marker…

This didn’t work for me. Maybe if you put a more descriptive way of typ in.

AC11 is a big problem. The model is based on a straight 112A, but there are 112TC, 114TC, 115TC and 112HS.
There is no alternative model to select like with an arrow: P28R or P28T.

United Kingdom

lenthamen wrote:

Morgan, can you check if Rocketroute adds similar elements to your flightplan?

Mocking up a FPL in RocketRoute it appears that they do not add the performance profile to Field 18.

Speaking to their support they are unable to explain why they are unable to validate the Auto Router route. I edited my SR22 profile on the RR website to match descent rates but this did not have any effect on the validation. So I’m at a loss. Will file this specific flight with Auto Router!

EGKB

So I’m at a loss. Will file this specific flight with Auto Router!

Give up RR and file every plan with AutoRouter.

Speaking to their support they are unable to explain why they are unable to validate the Auto Router route

They had issues when I left for good 2 years ago. They didn’t understand my problem and my mode of operation.

United Kingdom

In the interest of balance I have times when RR will find a route and autorouter can’t. In the end I think the problem is a ridiculously complex Eurocontrol FPL validation system which requires all sorts of magic to make work for us.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message