Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Unfortunately it’s expensive and limited in the rights you get.

One more great reason to appreciate autorouter so much! Thanks a lot @achimha

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

achimha, I echo Vladimir’s comments. I use autorouter through Garmin Pilot with Jepp plates and in my opinion this is second to none for IFR operations. It is good to see that the EAD database is expanding as I currently feel naked when operating East of Saudi, having to resort to RocketRoute at this point.

Please keep-up the excellent work.

Last Edited by Dave_Phillips at 07 Jul 08:58
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Unfortunately it’s expensive and limited in the rights you get.

That’s strange because it’s free for individually registered users.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The individual users account only includes AIP & NOTAMs.

The account that Achim referes to that includes machine readable data for other items such as IFR waypoints etc.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

The PDF AIP plates are also not free of charge if you want to redistribute them.

Given the amount of errors we have reported helped them to fix in the navdata, I would expect a reverse payment stream…

@achimha, I had assumed that the server hosting cost you, but hadn’t realised that there are data costs too. All the more reason to thank you for software that puts paid-for products to shame, both in functionality and excellence of support.

I wonder if you’ve ever considered enabling a voluntary anonymous donation facility? Speaking from personal experience, donationware doesn’t earn you much (in my case, 150K+ downloads and €1 donated!) but it would give some of us a chance to assuage our conscience :)

EGBJ / Gloucestershire

Sorry to drag up a two year old thread but…

I’ve just been using Autorouter and wanted to say how great it is. So many useful features! It really is an incredible tool – only made more incredible but the fact it’s free to use.

Thank you to all involved in its creation and continued support.

Fairoaks, United Kingdom

Hi all,

Autorouter – anyone else seeing issues with the proposals?

Just curious if anyone else is seeing issues with the, usually awesome, autorouter?

When I do autorouting from ESMI→EDDC for instance (leaving tomorrow 07:00Z) I get a number of proposals. After clicking continue, the autorouter automatically validates the route again, and at this stage I consistently get an error that the route is not valid. Even though it was just proposed and shown as OK.

I’ve raised a ticket within the router, but just want to see if it’s anything in my profile that screws things up (or if I’m doing it wrong..).

The error:
Route:
ESMI N0116F090 BAKLI DCT ARGAD M44 KOGIM M725 OBANI Z36 BEBKU DCT OSKAN OSKAN4B EDDC
Validation:
PROF206: THE DCT SEGMENT BAKLI .. ARGAD IS NOT AVAILABLE IN FL RANGE F090..F090 (UNAVAILABLE ROUTE Z400

Thanks all!

I obtained

ESMI N0176F100 BALOX M736 SALLO M44 KOGIM M725 OBANI Z36 BEBKU DCT OSKAN OSKAN4B EDDC

A message saying “Invalid input” quickly flashed by.

I did it a second time and obtained pretty much the same route as you did but at F070. The above error message (about BAKLI .. ARGAD) flashed by a couple of times during the search.

So maybe the gremlin went away or someone fixed it in the meantime.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 13 Jul 16:27
LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message